New Start

(Jay's POV)

I slowly closed the door that belonged to Skylor's room and let out a deep held in sigh.

My eyes started to burn and my hands failed to stand still.

I looked back up at the door and contemplated if I should go back in or not. I wanted to talk to him, but a part of me wanted to walk away, run away again. My leg began to bounce and I knew I needed to get out of here before my resolved belittled again.

" C'mon Jay, just get moving and you'll be fine. You'll be fine..You'll be..fine. " I mumbled to myself and looked down the dark hallway.

The store was closed and nothing but emptiness filled the building. Dust and the faint smell of soy sauce were the only decorations the hall had, but I still had the massive need to get out of here.

I glanced back towards the lone exit at the end of the hall and examined it.

One door with the simple words of 'Exit', in red read on top of it.

I blinked a couple of times before brushing my bangs back and walking out of that brooding hallway.

I needed some fresh air.

---

(No one's POV)

" That wasn't very nice, sweet pea. " Ronin spoke with sarcasm as he eyed down the woman dressed in red.

" That's what you get for being an asshole. " Nya remarked and moved her firm stomp off of the man's foot.

Ronin hummed and rubbed the back of his head where he had been struck earlier.

" I'm a patient but you decide to hurt me instead, how cruel. " Ronin dramatically placed the back of his palm to his forehead and leaned back against the wall for support.

Nya clicked her tongue but a small chuckle found its way out of her lips.

Ronin found a small smile sliding up his cheeks but managed to stop it before Nya could notice it.

Nya's expression changed slightly and she sighed.

" What happened to you, Ronin? Before, you were just some random guy who I had a few classes with. "

Ronin looked up, as if he was in thought.

" But now? I can't even begin to think what's happened. " Nya's eyes began to water and she almost glared at the taller man.

" Where are my friends, Ronin? W-why is this happening? " Nya repeated her questions again but, this time around, she couldn't keep her clean posture anymore.

Ronin's expression soften, if only a little and he pat the top of Nya's head. A sign of comfort.

" I can't answer those water lily. You already know that. " Ronin spoke at a lower tone than before and slumped a little at his own words.

The little hope Nya had in Ronin diminished.

" Fine. Whatever. That's fine. " Nya grunted and shoved Ronin's hand off of her head.

" Nya- "

" No! Don't say anything, Ronin! Just.. Don't. " Nya shouted at him, fist balled and her eyes squeezed shut.

This was the first time Ronin had heard Nya shout in complete anger at him, and he was completely taken a back by it.

There was a moment of silence before Nya turned for the door knob and angrily went through the door, slamming it shut behind her.