Baby Mama

3 Weeks later

It was Friday evening and I already knew that Naomi was going to be at the apartment with AJ. And my salty ass was not trying to hear that. But I carpooled with Ni, this morning and I already told her to go home without me. I had my items packed up and ready to go. I was caught up with work, and there was nothing extra that I could get done, so I decided to text KB and see what he was up to.

           Zion
Sent @ 4:50pm
Hey wassup?

           KB
Sent @ 4:55pm
Oh shit I'm getting a text before you get off.
I must be important.

I rolled my eyes at his response.

        KB
Sent @ 4:56pm
Don't roll your eyes at me either little girl.

           Zion
Sent @ 4:57 pm
Lol I ain't no little girl.
Don't come for me.
This is my body I do what I want with it.

            KB
Sent @ 4:58 pm
Aye Baby Girl. Do me, Shit. I ain't finna argue
with you. It's a nice body too.

Butterflies went through my stomach. He doesn't call me babygirl often, but when he does my knees go weak and my heart races. I blushed and tried to remember why I originally texted him.

          Zion
Sent @ 5:00 pm
Can you not gas me up. I was texting you for a reason.

           KB
Sent @ 5:01 pm
Right. So what you need?

          Zion
Sent @ 5:03 pm
Can I spend the night at your place?

           KB
Sent @ 5:06 pm
Yeah no problem ma.
AJ and Naomi getting to be too loud huh?

            Zion
Sent @ 5:09 pm
They have always been too loud. I just have you as a go to now.

            KB
Sent @ 5:11 pm
So that's all I'm good for a distraction?

            Zion
Sent @ 5:12 pm
I told you that from the get.
Hey have you left yet?

           KB
Sent @ 5:13 pm
Nah I'm in the studio you can come over. I don't have much left to do.

           Zion
Sent @ 5:13 pm
I'm on my way over right now.

I put my phone down and stood up to leave only then did I notice Walter standing behind my desk.

"Oh hey. Walter how are you?" I smiled up at him.

"I've been pretty lonely without you Ms. Marley." His deep voice drifted to my ears.

"Oh yeah. I um have been taking my work home. My best friend nagged me about not spending time with her since we moved."

"Well I'm a bit envious of her. She gets to spend quality time with a quality lady." I blushed at his corny ass line.

"Well I'm still here during the week 9-5, like everyone else." I smirked up at him. I hadn't forgotten about KB. And as handsome as Walter was, KB was all I could think of.

"Yes you are. How about next Monday we have lunch in my office again to catch up?" my phone vibrated with an incoming phone call. I looked at the screen and swiped answer. I placed one finger up to indicate to Walter that I needed to answer the phone.