Chapter 12: Why are You Mad?

You have moved into Grillby's home, even so, you're living with a fire monster. You have feelings that you are still poorly unable to understand your feelings. Grillby is aware of this and though somehow he had forgotten that you had that problem when you ended up being in a tantrum over the confusion of your feelings.

You stormed left to right of the kitchen and walked up and down the stairs. Steaming off in annoyances of the unknown feelings like a secret message you can't seem to crack the code in weeks all-nighters and days. Grillby, on the other hand, was in the kitchen. And at the table where he sits with his hand pinching the bridge of his nose as he leans on the wooden surface bowing his head at a small angle. Not knowing how to calm the state you are in he looked up to you when you entered the kitchen. He doesn't see the reason why you have become like this having no choice but to ask out the cause of this nonsense you doing.

"Why are you mad?" Your pacing stopped, turning to the fire that requested the question confused. He repeated the question, "Why are you angry? What is it that is bothering you?" Changing his posture in the chair now sitting up straight staring at you with his eyes hidden away from his glasses making it difficult for you to read what he's thinking. You furrowed your eyebrows; the question has done nothing but to only cause the anger level of a storm to a tornado. You let out a frustrated cry running and pulling your hair with your hands messily. He timed your rage session to last for about a whole 25 minutes. Grillby is at his limits with you; patients are burning out.

 You were about to exit the kitchen after half of the pacing fuming in the room only to find Grillby at the doorway blocking you. You walked up to him trying to slip past him, but he has something else in mind. He shifted to the left as you move left, you transferred to the right he turned again to the right. You shot the glared at him, who is opposite only gives you a calm glance or so you think he is. He's not he has it with your childish like actions giving it to an end. You decided to use force to get through pushing him with your shoulder nearly slipping out at the edge of the door. You felt a firm grip of a hand grabbing your arm instead of pulling back into the room you're currently in. 

You growl at him. Grillby grabbed your shoulders putting you in place. "Calm down. What you're doing is not going to change anything." Grillby ordered you in a parent figure voice. You don't know what he wants from you nor what he is talking about, what is anger? And how can you calm down? You decided to scream at him, with your balled up fist you hit and punched at his chest. Your hits are futile and weak in strength. The tension between you two lasted until your angry screams turned into fear and vulnerability. You fists loosen, now only to hitting to pushing him away, the urges to break free is now what you feel. You're confused, scared and frustrated. What can you do to stop this you thought backing away yet still standing still in the place where he wanted you to be.

Tears are welling up and now what Grillby sees was astounding to see. Just in a snap you were acting up like a mad child fighting and then to a person in a broken state who have tears streaming down their face. It's like he got shot by a guilt bullet. He softens his grip on your shoulders and slowly bringing you into a warm embrace. You jolted in surprise; you trembled like a puppy. Is he going to hurt you? You struggled in fear of the thought of pain. He holds you closer making you squirm. You cried, you cried and continued crying out sorry, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me. You waited to get burned, but there's nothing anything like that but warmth and gentle contact you have yet again never experience. It's not like the contact of you pinned in death grips that drain the blood flow of your limbs or the tightness of arms that lose your ability to breath.

Grillby doesn't know what to do but comforts you the best he can do. "It's okay; it's okay. I won't hurt you. Relax, just take a breath to calm down." The shaking stops and your body start to relax going limp. He looked down to see you at a calmer state than you were before showing that expressionless face, remnants of trails of tears still visible, filled with fatigue as you leaning on to him for support. "Feeling better?" You shrugged you have no more strength to talk; your throat is sore from the event that happened.

(Time has passed. Nighttime 8:30 pm)

You lay in your bed staring aimlessly at the guestroom's ceiling while Grillby is having a discussion with Alphys on the phone. "Y-you still have not asked their name, but then h-how are they?" Grillby sighed at the question. "G-grillby?" Her voice was in wonder at his state of tone. Grillby explains what has happened earlier today. "G-grillby that's amazing. You were able to calm them down. It's not easy to get them back to normal when massively broken mentally." He leans against the wall releasing a more concerning sigh. "I-it's okay Grillby!" She suddenly regretted saying that she then gives him advises from what information she have collected along with Sans. "Grillby you are the only one who they consider a friend for you are fire." Grillby moves away from looking at the phone that is attached to the wall, confused. "I-i knows this seems strange, b-but who you're living with is a pyromaniac, and it's p-possible to help them. J-just..." There was a pause. Grillby waited. "try to get them to understand what feelings are." She finished her sentence, cutting off the call without warning.

He puts the phone away. He then saw you at the last steps of the stairs head and torso leaning on the wall staring at him blankly. He felt a small chill that crawled on his back. You read his actions to see what you have done, "Sorry." You whisper coarsely. Lights are out he's the light source. "What are you doing out of bed at this time of the night?" Grillby softly scolds you. "Sorry," you apologized again. You lowered your gaze; you don't want to make eye contact with him. Grillby doesn't accept the fact that you won't look at him, so he lifts your chin forcing you to look directly at him. You try to look away, but then he tells you to not to, you obediently do so.

You start to feel a feeling of something acting up. Blood flow rushes to your face up to the cheeks brows slightly furrowed. You don't know what face you're making, even so, you want this to stop. Grillby starts to blush at the look you're making. You're embarrassed, and yet you don't even know it he thought to himself. He finds it rather adorable he grabs your wrist and leads you to the living room to talk. 

You glance at his hand, no pain nor burn marks. Both of you sat on the couch somewhat uneasy with each other. He starts the conversation by asking what your name is. You were hesitant unsure to tell him or not. There's no reason to talk about it, and fatigue is finally able to catch up to you, so you laid down not knowing your head is on his lap. Grillby was about to question what in the world you're doing. When he sees you're lights out asleep he reluctantly accepts it; you already have a hard day there's no need to make it worse than it already is. But this time for him he is the one watching over you other than you staring him. He strokes your head as you sleep at ease.

(A/N: Whooo! Almost 500 reads! Awesome there's more to come at this roller-coaster with ups and downs. And be warned for those who hate long stories, this is going to be long as you can already tell! Enjoy!)  (^_^)