The Power

Tears stung my eyes, and my heart was full of pain. My joints were stiffening and my head was slowly growing numb from the pain in my arm, I looked up a Persephone who of course looked just fine.

"How did you know where I was?" I said like a dagger cutting through the silence, she looked my way then back at our path.

"I've been watching you Nico, ever since you agreed to go on this stupid quest. I told your father it was a bad idea telling you about the Rebellion, do you think he listened? No of course not." She sounded agitated, not the fearful voice of the woman who had saved me from my prison.

"Thanks, for you know saving me." I mumbled, my eyes to tired to look her way. The stone under my feet flew up with each step I took, after hours of running we finally made it to the path leading to my father's castle.

"Don't mention it kid, for a second there I thought you were going to stay there." I could feel her eyes on me.

"I didn't say I didn't want to stay, that life was perfect. I just knew if I did stay I would have died, and when this is all over I'm going to leave for once and for all; so far even Lord Zeus himself can't find me." Persephone sighed, the silence crept back into the air making it cold.

"I know you haven't had the easiest life Nico, but running away wont solve the problem; only make it worse. Your only 15 years old, now is not the time to make important life decisions."

"I'm actually in my 80's." I could almost feel Persephone roll her eyes.

"That's not the point Nico, the point is running away wont do you much; probably get you killed at least." She didn't even look at me this time.

"Aren't you a ray of sunshine." I coughed into the air, clearly seeing how ironic it was. Persephone side eyed me then gave a sly goddess smile.

"Very funny Nico, I see you gain more things from your father than your powers and head shape." Just like that the normal Persephone came back.

"Also I wouldn't be a smartass with me, I can get you something no one else can."  I ran my fingers through my hair still getting over the "you have your fathers head shape" thing.

"What is it? A puppy?" I laughed, something I thought I might never do.

"No something better, something I know you want." I looked at her hearing how sinister her tone got.

"Revenge on William Solace." That name rung in my head like bad song, but a moment ago Persephone didn't even want to say his fathers name in front of me. I guess my jokes pushed kindness out the window, but the sound of revenge made the sting hurt a little less.

"What kind of revenge?" this topic had managed to peaked my interest.

"The best kind, one that will kill him inside out." I could feel a wicked smile grow on my face.

"Were going to poison him? Because I can probably do that myself." Persephone laughed, the laugh she only does when she is around when Hades is giving punishments.

"No silly, death is too quick. What he disserves is something worse." I liked where this was going.

"Nico what did William do to you, making you feel this way." The knife William put in my back got deeper with her words.

"He broke my heart, and pretended he actually liked me." She didn't say a word, merely smiling, almost amused about what I had said.

"Well then I guess we will have to do the same to him." Her voice was as cold as ice, and I liked it.

"How are we suppose to make William fall in love, and who can we find to even be the bait?" I looked ahead to the darkness in front of us with only lanterns of Greek fire keeping the path visible.