The Message

There I was laying in bed still recuperating from the horrors and tragedies I had just witnessed, some tears were formed leaked from the coroner of my eyes making the skin tighten making my eye lids tighten with every blink. The pounding on the door could only be matched with the sound of my own heart, the wrathful voice of a centaur who was about to kick down the door at any moment. Part of me wanted to run, run so far and so fast not even Zeus could catch me; the other part wanted to just sit here and let them come let them punish me, but I knew what I had to do what I have always done. Be strong. In both of my options I knew the Rebellion would find some satisfaction, running would give them victory and Death will have to claim my soul before I would allow them pleasure; letting them see me weak as well would be the equivalence of putting a nail in my coffin so I would definitely not do that. If I told the truth I could scare them of course, not the whole truth of course. Details will be the death of The Rebellion, so why should I show my hand; the pounding on my door filled the space with the sound of frail wood being attacked by the opponents who stood firm on the opposing side.

I stood, the nausea swirling throughout my body, as the weightlessness I once felt was now replaced with the feeling of lead being inside my veins. Nevertheless I could not let that stop me a victory for the Rebellion is untouchable for me, I know what their flaws are now I knew how they think and since they are all crazy I might as well lose my sanity. I stood going straight for the door with the screaming centaur who's current goal was to have me explain why I felt it necessary to remove the arm of a camper who in the eyes of many was purely innocent. With a swift movement I swung the door open, almost being struck but the fist of Chiron instead of flinching I simply dogged the ragging blow and in return gave I gave a psychotic quite grin, with only the corner of my mouth being slightly up enough to counteract the pure emotion oozing from Chiron. He grabbed my collar of my shirt while my personal lynch mob and curious bystanders who watched purely to watch a tower of cards fall, I didn't speak mostly because I don't think Chiron wanted to hear my side of the story.

"Son of Hades, you have crossed the line! I've defended you to the gods, and I've tolerated your peculiarities but this is unacceptable! Go to the big house right now or I swear, now let's go I see we have drawn a crowd." I didn't move, I stayed aloof, I knew any punishment he could possibly throw my way could not come close to the horrors I've seen and the infliction on my body show enough scars to trick someone I had strips. What ever the Centaur tries to do it could not phase me, at least not for now. Now didn't matter. I needed to make an impression to let the rebels know that this is far from over; ha! It's only the beginning.
I didn't speak I only walked, but no walk of shame; grabbing my sword glazed in blood I had a nice casual stroll where I could hear the whispers and sense a lovely mixture of hatred  and fear; it was lovely. I felt some mild discomfort though, a power move always looks easier than it is. We got to the Big House and Chiron was quite, his bubbling rage had reached a point where it reached an uneasy simmer.
"Son of Hades, out of all my campers I think I trusted you the least." He said sternly, this didn't come to a surprise though I think I always knew; if only he  knew what was really going on in his camp how much it had slipped away.
"The gods were right about you, they said how a child of darkness could never be a loyal member of this camp; yet I told them how I could change you, how I could fix you. Apparently I was wrong." His gaze slipped away from me out to the window where some campers stayed close so they could repeat the events to those who weren't present, I was going to be nothing more than whispers of fear and judgment by the time the sun rises.
"I'm sorry to disappoint you." I was not sorry, frustrated that he though I was the rotten egg yes, but sorry is something I will never be. He turned to me taking a single step towards me almost like he was waiting for me to flinch or attract, but I did neither.
"Just tell me one thing Mr. Di Angelo, why?" He voice grew in heat.
"Why what?" Tilting my head ever so mildly.
"You gods damn know what!" He yelled taking short breaths after cooling himself down.
"If I told you you'd think I was deceiving you." His eyes focused on my with an icy glare.
"You have single handedly removed the arm of a camper with nothing but that cursed sword! And you are telling me that whatever half brained excuse you have will fool me than are doing nothing more than hurting yourself." I chuckled despite his tone, I found it funny that even though I was doing the right thing I was the one getting the third degree.
"Fine if you wish to know what goes on in the dark void which is my psyche then I'll tell you this. My actions are only results of what has happen in recent events, I am a king; the Ghost King to be exact. Which means I do not have to take orders from some washed up centaur who could never understand the hell I've seen, so if I must relieve someone of their arm then you know it must be done. So if you wish to banish me then do it before you loose your fleeting courage, because if you aren't able to see the big picture now then I can only imagine what our expression will be like when it explodes in your face." I don't regret my words, a warning is a warning no matter it's form. Chiron face turned crimson, I had pushed him over the edge.
"To think poor William risked his life to fine you, along with over half the camp! They shouldn't have left you to fade away, as this event you are ever so gently have thoughtfully proclaimed I know everything that goes on in my camp! Your words are lies and big talk from a scared child who had a chance to be normal, and failed at it. He stood his ground, he had spoken loud enough for the ease dropper's to gain satisfaction, he had gotten what he wanted to say off his chest. "Now do everyone here a favour and go, I don't care where as long as it's far. Say your goodbyes to the ones who are stupid enough to consider you a companion." He pointed towards the door.
"You know Chiron, one day sooner or later you will look back at this moment and realize you were played." With that I bursted into shadow with my destination being my fathers land, now the rebels knew the lengths I would take to carry out my mission, and how revenge has taken me to a place where I will be happy to take everything down with me. My body was thrown into the dining room of the father's palace, where my father and stepmother stood looking at me.
"The message has been sent, the fear they feel can be tracked by even the weakest of hellhounds." I wasn't expecting a parade but my father looked at me with an expression I haven't seen him wear; fear.
"My son, you might have sent a message, but we to have revived one." Handing me a medium sized object wrapped in burlap with a crimson stain gathering at the bottom, I opened it to revels a bloody heart freshly killed be for me with a note.
"The heart of the Rebellion unlike yours still beats, you know who we are you know our masses are one. You are still welcomed at any time, just remember you can win the battle but not the war.
- You true home"
"They are scared, that's all. Isn't that what we wanted?" I couldn't help but feel some fear in my gut. Hades leaned down, almost in sincerity.
"Nico the owner of this heart is the same person who's arm you removed. The Rebellion is willing to sacrifice their own to rattle you cage if it comes to the point where they might sacrifice-"
"Then I'll do what must be done." I interrupted, I knew what he meant but the message was clear. And ignoring it would be a fools undoing, if I cloud myself with emotions the I'll be no better than them. The message was sent and one was received, war is coming no matter what I do.