The Smile

It was hilarious in my eyes, how I could look so different. I ran my fingers through my hair, and walked back to the couch where Persephone sat. She looked up and smirked, she was probably still thinking about how I looked like my father.

    "So Nico, do you like it?" she smiled, my nerves were still tingling from the pain; like the feeling you have after being struck by lightning.

    "It looks incredible; it was worth the pain." I laughed, Persephone rolled her eyes with a smug look on her face. All of the sudden I felt something tighten around me, I stopped laughing and begun gasping for air. Persephone sluggishly got up, and calmly walked over to me. I looked down to see thick vines crushing me like an anaconda in the rainforest, tropical flowers with vivid colours began to bloom the sweet sent making me feel dizzy.

    "Your powers are based of emotion, so this might happen a little until you learn to control it." She walked to the kitchen and grabbed a sharp steak knife, she looked at me with a murderess expression fear crept in my heart as the oxygen was slowly being squeezed out of me.

    "What ever you do Nico, don't struggle you will only make it harder for yourself." She lifted the knife, I wanted to run. Was Persephone part of the Rebellion? Maybe she killed my father, and now she was going to get rid of me now. I was waiting for her to tell me to join the Rebellion or die, but no words left her mouth only silence was in the air; swallowing the sound of me trying to hold on to life. Persephone stood in front of me, watching me as I was being suffocated.

    "Don't move." The world moved in slow motion, I saw her hand come down with the blade. I felt the steel tip of the blade trace over my skin, the vines that once held me hostage were on the floor. I gasped for air, and fell to my knees.

    "Sorry if I cut you, I'm not very good with a knife. Also Nico when I say don't move, don't move." She put the knife on the counter, and looked at me then back at the knife.

    "Wait, did you think I was going to stab you?" She looked at me like I was an idiot.

    "Okay for my defence I have serious trust issues." Persephone's expression softened, like she had forgotten about what I had been through; she laughed and walked over to me.

    "Fair enough, and don't worry you will have your revenge on those who have hurt you." I kicked one of the vines which laid at me feet, despite the fact I knew I would be the one who would have to clean it up. I sat down on the sofa still catching my breath, Persephone leaned agents the wall and smiled.

    "I know it feels weird now, but right now your powers are still merging with your original powers. So just give it some time, and soon you will have complete control."        

    "How long do you think it will take?" I gazed up at Persephone, who merely shook her head.

    "Hard to tell, for my children it usually takes about a couple days. For you I have no idea, it seems you already have some sort of control; so maybe it wont take you as long." Her uncertainty frightened me, how was I going to bring the Rebellion to there knees if my own power would suffocate me? I could barley survive the first hour with my new enhancements, knowing my luck William would probably shoot me in the heart with an arrow as I gasp for life. Thinking of him didn't have the same bitter taste as always, William Solace didn't mean a thing; all of our memories together seem like a bad romantic comedy. William was nothing in my eyes, the sun had set. Now he only an obstacle.

    "What am I suppose to do in the meantime?" I was expecting to hear some Jedi crap like "You must train Nico, so you can defeat the dark side" instead Persephone sat beside me and looked me dead in the eyes.