The Revenge

BONUS POV AT THE END 

My eyes slowly opened, as the harsh light peered through dilatating my pupils. A blurry room slowly becoming clear, my mouth was dry desperate for water. I could feel beads of sweat on my forehead, I managed to pull myself up; rubbing a combination of drool and sweat of my face. I stumbled around losing my balance every second step, my mind felt almost numb.

"What the Underworld happened?" Reality was no longer clear, I couldn't tell if it was truth; and what was my own imagination. Shaking my head trying to wake myself up was only giving me a headache, like a drunken man in the streets I clumsily grasped the door handle. Stepping inside what appeared to be a small lavatory, without any thought I splashed icy water into my face; then I looked up. The person staring back at me confirmed last nights' activities. The discomfort of sleeping with buttons imbedding themselves into my skin, finally caught up to my brain. Without hesitation, I removed my shirt, and unbuttoned my pants; I looked at the red lashes spread along my body, showing every little hit the Rebellion took at me.

"At least they're not as bad as the emotional scars." I chuckled to myself, at this point my mind was broken. It had been so much even before the Rebellion even was on my mind, it was easier to laugh at it then let it consume me; especially since I found out what happens if my emotions run wild. The anger was still a flame that burned bright in my heart, but that doesn't mean I had to wear it on my sleeves. The problem with every villain's planes is, they let their emotions, their hatred for the hero take advantage of them. I was not going to make that mistake. The best form of revenge is the one that slowly corrodes its victim, in ways that make their nightmares look like Shangri-La wrapped  in happy fun candy. I walked to my bed, tracing my fingers on the silk like sheets; thinking about how I was going to carry out my next move. I needed to be cunning and quick, trust was something I no longer held; but that doesn't mean others had to know that. I collapsed on the bed, the springs creaked under my mass; I stared out of the one light source of the room. A small window, with navy blue curtains failing at their job; because I was practically bathing in light.

"Wait a minuet." I thought.

"I don't have a window in my room, at the kingdom. Also, I only have a bathroom in my cabin at Camp Half-Blood." Even the bed had changed, unless I shadow traveled in the middle of the night; my father must have transported me back to camp. The thought crept in my mind that neither of those were the correct answer, that maybe my motions were manipulated by my favorite group of scum; I already knew they had gained access to my main form of transportation, probably form Williams help.

"Let them think they control me." I snickered in my head, even if they had no participation in this event.

"Let those rats feel a power, they will never be able to control." I got up walking to my closet, as a smile grew on my face.

"Because in this game they decided to play, they made their move. Now its my turn." I knew none of my old clothes would fit me, they were all designed for a much shorter and scrawnier me. Luckily one thanks to my sister desire to make me look among the living, there were a few wardrobe choices that could fit my new body. Without much thought, I grabbed a dark plum button up shirt, and dark blue skinny jeans; in the back of the closet was a midnight black leather jacket. I put in on, it fit like a glove; then last, I put my belt on with the sword holster attached, I liked to think of it like Batman's utility belt. My first step was like a slap in the face by the January winds, to think it had been almost three weeks since I started my hunt of the Rebellion. It seemed so long ago, I seemed like such a different person back then. This time, I know exactly what I'm going to do; as I left my cabin my feet crushed dried leaves under the thin layer of snow. I was going to grab a bite to eat at the Dinning Pavilion, as I began to walk a few eyes looked my way. Whispers and the wind became one, but I wasn't fazed; they a cry swore through the air, calling my name.