Chapter 8

On the way to the showers after training a hand squeezed around mine surprising me, it was Killian. He started dragging me out the back door as I dug my feet in resisting his grip. "What are you doing? Get off me," I shouted at him. He stopped suddenly pulling me into an alcove. His body pressed against mine in the small space. He was breathing hard, I knew I was panting. He looked down at me his eyes blazing different emotions, anger, regret, and the last I was too scared to name.

"What the fuck were you doing out there?" He asked harshly bringing his face more level to mine. I backed up more into the wall as he came nearer.

"Self -defense class Killian, same as everyone else," I said right back to him.

"That wasn't the same as everyone else, he was all over you,"

"It was a practiced routine. He wasn't all over me."

"He was laying on top of you!" He yelled at me. Now I was angry.

"Fuck you Killian. You have no say in what I do. You aren't my fiancé anymore, you aren't even my friend. You're a traitor!" I seethed at him. His eyes narrowed even more turning to dark slits. His arms came up around my head caging me effectively to the wall. My rant and the grappling had winded me.

"Is he your man Paige," Killian asked in a whisper. His body molding to mine, "Does he know your body like I do? Can he make you moan and go wild beneath him like I can?"

"He's my family," I said, not taking my eyes from Killian's, knowing if I did I would lose at this thing he was doing. My response must have hit somewhere. His nostrils flared slightly at the word family. Then his mouth was on mine crushing and punishing. My hands came up, I thought to push him away, instead they delved into his thick waves of hair. I gripped hard causing him to groan and pull me against his chest. My mouth opened in a small 'o' when our bodies collided. Killian used this chance to his advantage as his tongue slid with mine battling each other. I felt his hands roam down over my back then down to cup under my ass. He squeezed causing my legs to hitch up around his waist. He pinned me to the wall using his hips, our mouths never stopping. My hands moved over his hair, his face, and down to grip his shoulders tightly, my nails digging into his skin.

With me pinned to the wall by his hips his hands were free. I felt his warm hands slide up under the fabric of my sport top. His palms rubbed over my breasts softly kneading them with his long fingers. I gripped him tighter around his waist with my legs, the movement pulling him closer to my center. I could feel his arousal through the material of his pants. He mumbled appreciatively against my mouth, his fingers pulling and tugging gently at my sensitive nipples. I gasped slightly at the sensation my head falling back against the wall. His mouth made its way down the column of my throat sucking and biting gently. My hips started moving against him. I heard him moan into my neck before he reached my collar bone and started his sensual attack there, knowing it was one of my weak spots.

Footsteps echoing down the hallway broke me out of my trance. The voices were getting closer. I slapped a hand around Killian's mouth stopping his assault on my body. He looked me in the eyes as the people approached our hiding spot. I shook my head at him begging him with my eyes to tell him how much I did not want us caught like this.

"I can't believe the Give Thanks feast is already next week. I'm not ready yet," a woman said.

"Oh I know, this time of the year always goes so fast," her companion answered. Their voices were starting to drift past where we were.

One look at Killian had me unwinding my legs and sliding back down his body. We could have been seen. I'm not one for hiding things, but I knew how fast word traveled in the Displaced. I knew how much some loved to gossip. Sometimes I fed into it, but this was one encounter I wanted to stay secret. I wasn't sure how I felt about Killian but I knew I wasn't foolish enough to have forgiven him. His eyes blazed molten at me. Anger replacing the lust that had been present earlier. His cheeks were a red hue and the thick vein along his neck pulsed. He was not happy with me.

I pulled my hand from his mouth like I had been burned. Quickly straightening my top I turned to leave our alcove.

"We aren't pretending this didn't happen Paige," Killian's voice was low but I sensed how close he was to exploding.

"Nothing has changed Killian," I said without turning around.

"I just had my hands and mouth all over you Paige," he said to my back. I could feel him moving closer until he was flush with my back. "I'd say there are some things that have changed and I want to talk to you about everything," he talked softly next to my ear causing tingles to run up and down my arms.

"You're a good looking guy Kill, I may be still attracted to you, but that doesn't erase what you did." I dashed around the wall and ran back to my room. Killian was intoxicating. And like any toxin, he had the power to hurt me. He was bad for my heart and my soul.