~~~~Chapter 4~~~~

I laid in the bed, this time actually reading the book. I chuckle at a joke the book had made, and then had a thought.

Is sat up, and turned towards his drawer.

Hmm...

I open it, and look.

The box wasn't there. I bite my lip trying to keep my sudden cry in.

He was returning it I thought, freaking out. He doesn't wanna marry me!

I had no idea what to do, so I rang up a friend of mine, Em.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Do you want to hang out?" I ask.

"Uh, sure. Want me to come over?"

"Nah, I'll head over there."

I exited my apartment building and hopped onto the bus that went by closest to her place.

I sat down on the hard plastic blue seats. It was relatively crowded, though that can only be expected this early in the morning, but on a Saturday?

It was pretty cold in the mornings now. It was that odd time of year when it's hot as balls around noon but in the morning and at night it's very cold. I hugged my brown jacket closer to me, laying my satchel onto my lap. A few more people climb onto the bus, and a monster sits beside me.

She's short, and has yellow skin. She's reptile-like, and wears a long white coat. She reads a manga. I eye down the pages as she turns them.

"Mew mew kissy cutie?" I ask. Her eyes widen and she looks at me. She is very short.

"Y-yes! You've read it?" She got very hyper. I chuckle.

"I haven't, I watched the one anime. Isn't there a second one?"

"O-M-G! Yes! You h-haven't seen it?"

I laugh at her use of OMG in actual conversation.

"Yeah, I plan to soon. "

"I've W-watched it like three times with e-each of my friends."

"Eh. I don't really have that many friends. I've got like, 2." I chuckle.

He looks down at her lap, almost empathy on her face.

"I know the feeling." after a second, her face switched to something I could only assume was realization. "Do you w-want to meet my friends?"

"Sure! I mean, who are they? What are their names? "

"Well, m-my girlfriend is senpa- I mean, Undyne. Then there's T-Toriel, Asgore, Frisk, P-Papyrus, Sans, and then there-"

"Huh. I know a Sans." I laugh.

"Does he make bad puns?" 

"Yep. But, hey, I make 'Em too." I wink.

"Oh god." She laughs and knocks on the wooden lining of the windows.

"Don't knock it til you try it." I laugh. we stop, and I take a look at where we are. This is my stop, as it turns out.

I stand up, pulling my phone out. I asked her for her number and then I was on my way.

Maybe I should go back to the bar tonight.