Clint Barton • Pregnancy Series

Finding Out:

Finding Out:

You paced back and forth in front of Nat, who was sitting on your couch.

"What if he doesn't want kids yet? What if he does and the tests aren't positive. What if-"

The timer dings and you run to the bathroom, leaving your redhead friend in the dust, you stared at the three tests, flipping one over and revealing that it said positively.

You gasp and put your hands over your mouth. Nat walks in,

"What are you waiting for? Flip the next one." She says. You do so, revealing the two lines.

Pregnant.

"Oh, gosh, Nat, what if Clint doesn't want any kids? What if he isn't ready? What if I'M not ready?" You start.

"I'm sure you two are both ready, and Clint won't mind, even if he wasn't trying, okay?" Nat assures.

"Okay.." You mutter.

Telling Him:

After finding out that you were pregnant, you figured that the best way to break the news would be to do it in a way that matched your husband's humor.

So, terrible pun it is.

You had asked Clint to help make dinner that night, but before you did that, you put a bun in the oven.

Get it? A bun in the... oven? Like the expression for when someone... is pregnant. No? Okay.

Anyways, mid-cooking, you asked Clint to put a rack of baby back -ribs in the oven.

"Babe, what's this?" he asked you, pointing in the oven with a confused look.

"It's a bun." You answer, not looking away from the baby carrots you were chopping.

"But why is it in the oven?"

"You have got to be kidding me." You snickered.

"What?!" He defensively said.

You let a few moments of silence pass, continuing to cut your carrots while Clint stood with a look on his face that was a mix of confused and hurt.

"Hey, Clint?" You called over, rather sarcastically if I may add.

"Yes?!" He responded.

"I have- or more specifically we have- a bun in the oven."

"Ohhhhh okay I get it now- Wait for WHAT." His reaction, while hysterical, was followed by an unintelligible series of stutters, including;

H-how? Well I know how, but- HOW."

Bu-

Wh-

This mea-