Chapter 7

Happy New Years!!!!!!

I still have writers block but....
Here's your long awaited chapter.
I hope you like it!

******************

Jade pov

I sighed as I was woken up by the light of the sun. Daniel loved watching the sun rise so it was no surprise that when I opened the window I saw him sitting on the air watching the sunrise with a smile. I smiled at him then went back inside to take a bath. Once I did I changed into some comfy clothes and slipped on some wedged shoes. I put my hair in a side braid and walked downstairs. I made some pancakes and waffles with eggs and Bacon for everyone. I ate my half and then headed to my BMW.

I got in ready to go when Jayson decided to jump into the passenger side. I raised an eyebrow at him."What are you doing?" "I'm your guardian and older brother I'm going." He said shrugging. I chuckled and didn't say anything else then drove off. It didn't take long for us to reach our old pack."Ahh. The memories. Such terrible terrible memories." Jayson said grimacing causing me to chuckle "True but come on. Not all of them were terrible. The years with mom were amazing." He nodded. "That's true. Cone on let's go. I think everyone already noticed that you're here." I smiled and we got out of the car.

I was greeted by many of the pack members who were still alive from the attack along with the new generation of wolves and pack members. I was stopped in front of the pack house then walked inside. "Jade?" I turned to see Katelyn "Jade!  It's good to see you again." She said as she walked over to me and gave me a hug. I returned the hug. When we parted she lead me to where Aron was. He was sitting on the couch watching tv. "Aren't you supposed to be doing alpha work?" I asked. He jumped in shock before facing me.

"J-Jade!" He got up and looked from me to Jayden. "Uhh. What's going on?" I motioned for him to follow me. Once in his office I got straight to the point. "Do you have a son?" Instantly Aron stiffened and Katelyn had a look of pain in her eyes. "N-No.....at least not anymore...." I sighed. "Would you mind telling me how he died?" Pain was written all over their faces. "It was the day before his sixth birthday. We were outside playing hide and seek." Katelyn stated. "I was in the office doing alpha work when I smelt something off. The scent was strong and it gave me a bad feeling. Feeling that something was off I ran outside to see what it was when I saw a black creature standing by. It was down on all fours like a wolf but it's body seemed to be deformed and rotting." Aron said.

"Once I had found Nate hiding behind the trees it was then that I also noticed the black creature. Up close the scent of it was disturbing, it was between the rotting and burnt flesh. I couldn't move the mist that was around his foot was paralyzing us. Suddenly it attacked us...." Katelyn started to tear up "It went at straight for him. It tore his clothes up then with him in his mouth he just disappeared. The last look I saw was a terrified pain filled face... Blood was everywhere, and I could hear it....his heart was slowing down and right before he disappeared from my sight his heart stopped beating. I screamed finally being able to move again and tried to find him....but he was gone. I lost him I lost my little boy....." She whimpered crying.

I sighed sadly. "I see....so that day that child that had suddenly died unexpectedly was yours." They nodded "I'm sorry I failed you, I looked for a year straight trying everything to find him but I could not and I caused you all pain." I frowned sadly, disappointed that I actually failed my people. They shook their heads "Thank you for trying." An idea popped into my head. "Come fourth Katelyn." She did and I set my hands on her chest. "Katelyn by the power of me, the moon goddess I bestow upon you a daughter

"If your eldest child is in fact still alive he will be drawn to this child when she is born and protect her no matter the cost even if it means he gives up any darkness that coveres his heart. She will be his light and I will find and guide him back to you....no matter how long it takes..." I smiled and removed my hand. "Come on Jay. We have a lot of work do get done and lots of protecting to do." We were about to leave when I felt a hug from behind me. "Thank you.... Jade" I smiled at her "It is alright." With that we left and started to head home.

"Any ideas on what we're dealing with?" I gripped the steering wheel tighter "No...but I might know who does." I sighed. "Really who?" I didn't answer at first. "My grandmother....the first moon goddess." He nodded and we drove home. "Do you know where she is?" I nodded "Where is she?" I sighed "Where all moon goddesses go after they die....in the moon....." He looked shocked.