Chapter 30

Daniel pov

The day was going fine. We were all in our old home. The two hundred that remained of my pack were here along with a few of the other packs wolves, some vampires, witches and warlocks, fairies also. We were rebuilding and trying to get used to the idea of living here again. I sat a top the roof hammering a nail into it to keep the roof from falling off... again. The sun was high in the sky and shining down on us. Unlike everyone who was sweating in large amounts as they did their work I was completely free of sweat and just basking in the sun, allowing the power it gave me to course through me and fill me with energy.

"Hey dad, share some of that energy would you?" Reuben asked as he climbed out the window up to me. I chuckled and grasped onto his hand giving him some energy and removing the bags under his eyes. He sighed "Thanks dad! Anyway need some help?" Before I could answer he was already placing a tile down and hammering it into the roof. "Sure, go right ahead." He laughed. "So how's Diamond-Ruby doing?" I asked. My granddaughter was now a year and a half and she was as mischievous as she was innocent. Reuben wanted to name her Ruby after Jade's demon form stating that he had a feeling she'd have a snappy attitude to match, but Ophelia wanted to name her Diamond stating that she'll have the innocence of an angel and also wanted a name representing Jade.

They compromised and named her Diamond-Ruby and we all agreed that the name suites her perfectly. As I said before she was as mischievous as she was innocent. Reuben smiled and a sad pained look entered his eyes. His link to me was opened and I felt his strong sense of pain and longing. I didn't need to read his mind to know who he was thinking of. "She'd have gotten along with mom so well. They'd have loved each other probably more than they loved us." He smiled a bittersweet one at the thought. I struggled to smile at him too but I managed. "Yes. Maybe they would have. Your mother would be so proud of you. You're a father now and you're doing a great job supporting and protecting your wife and child. Heck! I think you're doing a better job than I did!" I stated chuckling.

"Well, that means I better not ask you for any advice then!" Kaleb's voice rang behind us. We looked back at him as he climbed onto the roof then took a seat besides his brother. I smiled "Nervous aren't you?" Kaleb was on his way to being a father. Sarah's pregnant and I'm pretty sure she's having twins, though they said it's only one kid they see or hear the heartbeat of. She had one month again to go before I get my second grandchild.

"Ah you'll be fine!" Reuben stated patting his back. "All you have to do is not anger Sarah when she tells you to do something, unless of course you don't mind being on fire again." Reuben teased. We laughed remembering how Sarah set Kaleb on fire for not getting her ice cream and spicy Cheetos to eat. He thought it was disgusting but that's what she craved and boy was it a sight to see her spewing fire at him in her dragon form. "Oh God... Don't remind me." He groaned. Our laughing was suddenly cut short by a whimper and a scream. My head snapped into the direction of the sound only to see the body of a wolf and witch being thrown through the barrier of a house.

I hurriedly jumped off the roof and ran over to them. The wolf shifting back into herself only she wasn't breathing. The witch tried saying something to help but she froze before she could, her body going cold. "They're dead..." Damon said as he grimaced and sent her soul off doing the same to the witch after. "Get all the children and women unable to battle inside!" I yelled. The warriors nodded and began to run around to get the women unable to fight and children to the safe parts of the houses. "Ah... but where's the fun in that?" A lost demon appeared and began to run toward some of the warriors protecting the children. Reuben stopped him and they began to fight. "Go go!! Get inside!" I yelled in my alpha voice. They instantly moved. Suddenly one of the houses blew up. Looking up I saw lost witches throwing their magic at houses and creatures alike. Blowing some of the barriers down, burning some down that didn't have barriers or just sending everything flying. I growled and jumped into the air catching two by their necks. I lit my hand on fire and they screamed as they quickly turned to ashes. I continued fighting in the air.