New DADA Teacher

Luci's POV

We arrived at school after Harry made a fool of himself in front of Cho. I managed not to get pus from Neville's plant all over me and Smokey with a spell. Once she left I cleaned everyone with a simple spell. I got on a carriage with Harry, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Ron. Luna is nice Ravenclaw girl in the same year as Ginny.

Now we watched the new first years be sorted into their houses. We had the feast which was delicious as always. Dumbledore started to give his speech, when he was interrupted by a 'hem hem'. An old toad dressed in pink stood up and thanked Dumbledore for his kind words of welcome. She was our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and I hated her already. I mean no one interrupts Dumbledore ever.

She began to give a speech of her own "The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance 'hem hem'. Every headmaster and headmistress of has brought something new to the weighty task of governing this historic school, and that is as it should be, for with out progress there will be stagnation and decay. There again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering 'hem hem'. Let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness, and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited."she finished.

Though I ignored most her speech being bored to death. But I got the meaning of it the Ministry was trying to interfere at Hogwarts. This made me furious. So I got up and left the hall without being dismissed by Dumbledore.

Once I arrived at my dorm in Gryffindor tower Smokey jumped onto my shoulder. Soon the other girls came in and they all didn't look pleased either. "Those who hate the new teacher raise your hand" I said raising mine. The others did the same thing, before we all fell asleep in our separate beds.

(Next day)

It was the first day of classes and mine & Annie's first class was Defense. So here we were sitting while Umbridge took the role. Then made us read the dumb course book. Looking at the course aims there would be no practical part to this class. Which is completely ridiculous.

"Professor this is ridiculous" I said not opening my book.

"What is my dear?" she asked a fake sweet tone.

"Your course aims are unreasonable and unrealistic, also I have read the book already. There is nothing about using defensive spells" I stated firmly. "What is the point of defense if we don't learn to defend ourselves properly?" I asked.

"I can't imagine why you would need to use defensive spells in my classroom. Also there is no one that would attack you" she stated.

"Really want about Voldemort his back you know" I stated grabbing my bag. "I won't be in class were I'll learn nothing" I said heading towards the door.

"Detention Miss Dursley" Umbridge said.

"I won't be there, you won't see me in this class again" I stated banging the door shut behind me. I went straight to Dumbledore's office with Smokey following.  There was no way I was going back to that class. With her as my teacher, that is want I planed on telling Dumbledore.