◾Settle Down, Work Hard

Hunter -
Today is first day of rehearsals and I'm so excited because we're going to begin preparing for Regionals! But Miss Kate has called us over as we have a new member of A troupe, I wonder who it is?

"Morning everyone!" Kate smiled, "I have an announcement to make: Emily has left A troupe!" She said, "She has taken the role of head Choreographer and has given her spot to her brother Matty!" She applauded. Matty and Emily both walked into the studio. But with a difference, Emily now stood next to Kate and not with the other dancers.

Matty -
Emily must have listened to me, because yesterday she offered me her place on A troupe and I'm so happy - But she's taken the role of Head choreographer, thats a big responsibility for her to take on, but I know she can do it!

Emily -
Now that I've crossed the floor and have gone over to the other side, my view point changes and they better be ready to work!

"Alright Guys! We are preparing for Regionals, forget aiming for Nationals or Internationals. Regionals is our main focus right now, if you don't want to work hard, then get out - things just got serious!" Emily said sternly. Her eyes looked over everyone, she now had the pressure of Choreographing competition winning routines so she needed them to commit like she would.

"Emily is right guys, The Next Step can't have a Regional dance season like last year. For those who don't know, A troupe lost the qualifier, and skipped the second and only won at the third" Kate explained
"But, you'll be glad to know that today, I got a letter from the Regionals board and I'm happy to be reading it to you!"
She smiled, Kate opened the letter and began to read it out -

Miss Kate -
This year we have to compete at something called a 'Freshers dance Extravaganza' So that's basically a way for dance teams to 'Refresh'  the Regionals board with their talent and to make it into Regionals.

Emily -
So basically it's a qualifier? Why don't they just call it that?

Tom -
This is the next step, a 'Freshers dance Extravaganza' Should be a piece of cake!

"Does it Specify what we have do? Like dance numbers, trios, solos ect?" Sophia asked. Kate shook her said, "Nope it just says it will be decided on the day so I think it means we prepare what we can and they tell us what we have have to do when we're there" Kate explained. "Oh great, another way to put the pressure on!" Hunter sighed sarcastically. Sophia glanced in his direction for a second.

Sophia -
I remember Hunter from the Multinational auditions, I thought he was really cute and I was sad that he didn't make the team but I'm happy he's here now.

"And finally, I think it's time we chose our dance captain! I have decided that it is going to be - Carmine!" She announced. A troupe clapped and cheered, Carmine was perfect to lead the team to Regionals.

Carmine -
Dance captain? Me? Yes!

Miss Kate -
Carmine is perfect for Dance Captain, She's strong, dedicated, the team comes first and thats why I chose her! I'm excited for what she could bring this year.

Shake it up (Milkshake bar)

Riley -
I'm in the Milkshake bar right now and I'm just waiting for James to meet me here. The auditions for our regionals team are tomorrow and we don't even have a name for our studio. This is harder than I thought.

Kate walked into Milkshake bar and spotted Riley a few minutes later, She could tell that she was troubled and decided to go over to talk. "Hey, Riley how are you?" the studio owner asked. "Riley, is everything Okay?" Kate asked glancing down at Rileys jotter and pen every so often. "Yes, it's just next week is the deadline to submit your studio to the Regionals board and I haven't even come up with a name yet"

Miss Kate -
Riley needs to take a break, setting up a dance studio is tough work.

"Don't worry about it, Just let it come to you naturally" Kate advised. Riley began clicking her pen on the table, Frantically thinking of what to call the dance studio. But Kate rolled her eye and snatched the pen out of her hand, "Okay Riley stop. Do you want your dance studio to be on people remember or the dance studio everyone forgets because the owner rushed the name?"

"Um, the first one?" Riley answered, not being completely sure what she was saying. "Well good! Maybe you should ask James to help, Listen I have to get back to the studio, I feel bad leaving Emily alone on her first day of the job"
Riley's eyes widened, "Wait did you just say Job?"

Riley -
Kate tells me that Emily took a studio position? Why didn't she tell me? I'm going to need to talk to her!

The Next Step - Dance Studio

"...There are many possibilities of what we could have to do at Freshers, so I think that if we create a group dance and some duets, Solos?" Emily suggested, it was as if she was one big dance captain. Everyone was listening to her and focusing well.

Emily -
I love being head choreographer! I partly come up with the dances and it's like being dance captain but with more authority. I don't know it just feels good to be here. But then Riley enters the studio and I'm not going to lie, this is my place of work, I thought that she was at her own studio?

Riley -
I'm not going to be rude so I wait until she dismissed the team before I talk to her.

Finally, Emily turned to her sister.  "Riley, how are you?" Riley was leaned against the office wall, "I'm great. Why didn't you tell me that you've taken a position in the studio?" She asked. "Well I haven't had much time - But Matty has taken my spot" Emily answered, She glanced over at the team to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to do and then looked back at her sister.

Riley -
I'm not mad at Emily, it's just weird because now we're going to Face each other at Regionals plus now Matty is thrown in the mix. I see a lot of Sibling confrontation ahead of us.

"Well, I gotta go meet James. I'll see you at home tonight"

Emily -
I hope that this isn't going to change anything between Riley and I, but now it's harder because Matty and I are going up against our sister who's going to own a studio. This is going to be an interesting regional dance season....

Next time - A troupe gets to work on the Freshers Routines. Ollie gets a blast from the past.