◾Crushing Definitely

Sophia POV -
Today is my first official day on A troupe as dance captain. I've already spoken to Carmine and she said that she would help me try and get out of it but until then, I have to be seen as a good dance captain.

Carmine POV -
I'm meeting with Sophia in Shake it up because I want to give her the dance captain diary. Noah gave it to me when Rachel left the studio last year and until I'm back as dance captain I'm going to give it to Sophia.

“... Make sure you read it all! All the dance captains have written in here so it could really help you” She said, she handed over the green book. “Okay thank you Carmine. I'll return it to you when I'm done as dance captain, which should hopefully be very soon!”

Sophia POV -
As Carmine leaves the Milkshake bar, another member of A troupe entered. I wasn't prepared to see Hunter. I mean my hair wasn't done and I wasn't wearing any makeup or anything….why do I care so much? It's only hunter right?

“Hey, Hunter… how are you?” Sophia asked, trying desperately not to blush. He sat down before answering her. “I'm good thanks, now that I've seen you….” He closed his eyes and screwed up his face the moment he said that.

Hunter POV -
How cheesy did that just sound?

“I mean seeing you look confident as dance captain on your first day!” He quickly saved himself from the embarrassment. Sophia was still blushing but trying to hide it, “Yeah.  Well um… Yeah so how are you finding being the dance captain?” Hunter asked.

Sophia didn't know what to say to that, there was some many things going around her mind.

Sophia POV -
What do I tell Hunter? Do I say that I like being the dance captain or that I'm desperate to give the job back to Carmine. This is a tough one, Hmmmm.

“Honestly, I'm not going to lie. I don't really know what I'm doing but Carmine gave me this dance captain diary so I'm going read this and I should be good at it” Hunter nodded in understanding. He smiled, “Well I sure you'll do great” He touched her hand and left leaving a shocked Sophia on the table.

Sophia POV -
Oh boi!

“Oh, talk to Emily if you're unsure. She was dance captain when we were a couple” Hunter leaned back.

Sophia POV -
Hunter used to date Emily? Oh no!

The Next Step - Studio A

“1,2,3 & 4,5,6,7,8 Good! Very Good!” Emily called out, they were rehearsing the full group routine they had come up with. One of Emily’s big ideas was to rehearse the routine with different amounts of dancers so that if they qualifier was about a 9 or 8 person dance they could adapt quickly.

Sophia POV -
I'm rushing into studio A to see Emily, I'm going to follow up hunter's advice and talk to her. But not about the dance captain duties.

“Hey Emily, can I talk to you about Something?” She asked, looking nervous but desperate for an answer at the same time. “Yeah, Sure. What's the problem?” Sophia prepared herself, “So….Boys…. Girls…I don't suppose that you like anyone on A troupe do you? Say Hunter for example?”

Emily POV -
Excuse me, Sorry what?

Emily looked weirded out, “No Sophia. I don't” She answered bluntly. “Is that all?” The dance Captain nodded. “OK thanks”

Emily (Head Choreographer) POV -
If Sophia and Hunter are going to get together. They better not screw up A troupe!

Sophia POV -
What is wrong with me? I think I have a crush and I can't be crushing! I have so many responsibilities for A troupe that I'm trying to pass on to Carmine. I need to try and block this out.

“OK guys, let's go from the top” Emily called the dancers in towards her. "Honestly you are all doing amazingly. We're going to work on Hunter and Sophias' duet after that" She instructed.

Sophia POV -
Great! I now have to spend time with Hunter, it's not that I dislike him. I really, really like him and I don't think he likes me back. Whatever happens, I just hope that it doesn't effect the team.

Next time - A misunderstanding of communication between two people.

A/: Hey, So I know this a short chapter so do you want the next one published today? Also please comment and vote because it's a reassuring way to see if I'm waiting my time or not and your support motivates me to keep writing.