Chapter 6 Goodnight

******brvdfordmalik.tumblr.com*******

******I want to get addicted to you*****

It was both of our faults. He's the reason why I'm here and I'm the reason we even had to go here. As soon as we walked in the house there was an awkward tension between Zayn and the other guys. It was unspoken, there was no doubt they all respected him. I think they feared him for the most part. I'd be scared to especially after I saw him nearly kill two guys with one hand. He was lethal and sick. The rumors about him were the worst, according to some people he dabbled in and out of raping. For the most part girls would just throw themselves at him. Zayn had basically admitted to killing people. The thought that he only said that to make me talk lingered. But I figured he wasn't lying. Gangs kill people. He's no different.

He was also the quiet, mysterious one of the gang. That was one of the many other reasons as to why girls were 'falling' for him left and right. I found this to be bullshit. All of them were just quick fucks. You can't actually fall in love with someone within one night. He didn't appear to be a long term relationship kind of guy. Zayn was young and so far seemed to have everything he wanted right now. The girls who talked about him were all delusional. But I could see why he was attractive. Going back to what I said before, he looked like some type of model. Everything about him was flawless. Even the tattoos and scars scattered on his body. The 'bad boy' image suited him. If 'bad boy' was even the correct term to use.

Shit Ava, stop thinking about him like that.

Of course that was only his physical appearance that was flawless. And besides the fact he did save me, twice, I knew his interior was sick. He was a bad person over all. He killed and fought to get to his position and he'd kill and fight to stay there. He was sick, twisted, disturbing. And any other word that could be used to describe a monster. I can't say I knew this all to be completely true. Actions speak louder than words.

It occurred to me that nobody knows his name. Only the gang, and maybe rival gangs, knew his name. He was like a shadow. Like Zayn had said about Gregory, no one really knew if he existed. Zayn was known, people had seen him. But he was nameless to the people of the town. I couldn't believe that guy back at the club was so careless when mentioning his name. You'd think Zayn would be more, like, strict about that. I liked it his name. It was different.

Stop stop stop.

My phone was dead. There was no way to contact anyone. Unless I asked Zayn to borrow his. That wasn't happening. I had just disappeared. Gone. Brooke would probably guess why. Yet she was never one for brains. I could feel tears starting to drip down my face. How could I have done this to myself? How could I have let him do that to me? I was stronger than that. I could've helped myself but I chose not to. Now I'm stuck.

I took off my heels and threw them behind me on the bed. My feet were already beginning to form blisters. I wanted nothing more than to change in pajamas and watch reruns on TV. I was stuck here in a big room with wanted criminals just feet away outside the door.

Zayn had been gone for twenty minutes. He was in the room a couple feet down the hall. There was a lot of yelling going on. A few times, something would be thrown and cause the windows to rattle. It was scary here. I wanted to go home. I was even hoping for him to just screw me and leave me. That would be better than anything. And I know that sounds slutty, but anything's better than actually staying here. It'd also mean I could go home. My family was probably already notified that I'd been 'taken'. All they could do was wait and hope I made it out alive. Which was exactly what I was doing.

***

Outside the door there were heavy footsteps. Then there was a noise.

One knock.