Chapter 8 Wrong

******brvdfordmalik.tumblr.com******

******I want to get addicted to you*****

I knew that he had hit me.

That much I had remembered. The look he got on his face. The way his eyes hardened and his jaw clenched. I hadn't even seen it coming. Zayn looked like he was about to say something back but instead he just..it just hurt so bad. Near the corner of my eye was throbbing. It wasn't bad enough that I had small bruises dotting my cheek. Now I was sure I had a partial black eye. I looked like some kind of monster.

Someone brushed a finger over the bruises along my cheek. My eyes flickered open. I moved quickly across the floor trying to away from him. He looked concerned but not as concerned as a normal person would have.

"You don't hate me." He whispered softly. I watched him bring himself closer to me. We were both sat on the hardwood floor staring at each other. I didn't even know how to respond. I mean, he was wrong. I did hate him. But if I corrected him, I risked the chance of being hit again. Hadn't I been through enough?

No.

Screw it. He needed to understand.

"Yes I do. You've ruined everything. You shouldn't have cornered me like that at the club. You should've trusted me not to say anything to anyone. None of this is my fault! So stop telling me it is! You brought me into this! This is all of your fault. I don't want to be here, especially with you. You're a monster. And I do hate you. Don't think I don't. Don't try and give yourself the upper hand. I'm not yours. Don't go around thinking you're going to treat me like a toy. I'm not like those other sluts you're used to having. I'm not like that. And if you think I'm going to just take all of this bullshit quietly then you're more fucked up than I thought. You-"

"Stop fucking talking." He was pissed now.

I glared at him. He returned the gesture by narrowing his eyes. Zayn thought for a moment.

I was pumped now. I wanted to go back and forth. I wanted an argument with him. I'd only know him for a day but I was done with him deciding when it was over. He wasn't the boss of me. I was not his.

"You think you have it so bad here, huh? That it? You think just because I hit you for the second time when you disrespected me, that you're suddenly a victim? You don't know shit. You've been here a day. You don't know what goes on, you don't realize how good you've got it."

"I don't have it good!" My voice was rising now.

"Is that so? You haven't been here long enough to decide if you do or don't! You haven't seen shit."

"I don't need to see anything to decide."

"Yes, actually, you do. Get dressed then meet me downstairs in twenty minutes. If you're not done by then I won't be as forgiving as before." He snapped. Zayn left the room without waiting for my response.

I let out a frustrated sigh. That bastard. So what if it's only been a day? I have never been hit before by someone. Not even my parents would hit me. It wasn't something I was planning on getting used to. I wasn't going to be the victim. I wasn't going to go through all this quietly.

I walked back into the bathroom only to come to the realization that I didn't have clothes. Swallowing all my pride, I left the bedroom in search for Zayn.

***

He was sat in the living room watching the TV. He must've heard me come down the stairs.

"If you're wearing that then you must be desperate for John to come back." He snickered.