Chapter 7 Words

brvdfordmalik.tumblr.com

I want to get addicted to you

The digital clock sitting on the bedside table blinked 7:48am. I spent the rest of the night staring at the ceiling. The whole house was filled with an eerie silence, which was broken six times by Zayn. It sounded like he was moving things around and then swearing when he hurt himself.

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't decide if it was because I was nervous being here- in his bed or if it was because of previous events. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. Everything smelled like him. Like cologne and something else. It was reassuring in a way. John nor Gregory would dare come into his house. Zayn's shirt was soft and big along with the gym shorts. I had rolled them up to try and make the crotch not hang so low. It was always a mystery to me why boys would wear their pants like that. Weird.

I was curled up under all the blankets. My eyelids were beginning to droop due to lack of sleep. There was no fighting it..

***

"Stop. Ava stop it." A voice groaned.

"Shut up."

I was roughly shaken awake and forced to meet eyes with Zayn.

"Leave me alone." I grumbled.

"You woke me up." He said flatly.

"Go away." I closed my eyes again.

"I'm not dealing with this bullshit. Don't forget whose bed you're in." He had a warning tone.

I threw back the covers and stood up. Zayn jumped back, startled.

"Don't forget whose fault this is!"

"Don't forget whose clothes you're wearing."

"You know what, here. Have your fucking clothes I don't want them." I grabbed the hem of the shirt and started pulling it off my body. My bra was still on from before, I was too tied to even bother changing out of it.

"Stop. Look there's food downstairs and you were crying so I woke you up." Zayn put his hand on mine trying to brush it off. I recoiled like he hit me. Like he had before.

"Just don't touch me." I walked past him and out of the bedroom. His footsteps were close behind me. I didn't expect him to leave me alone.

In the little nook in the kitchen, there was a plate with two pieces of toast and a banana. A glass of orange juice was beside the plate along with a napkin.

"You can go eat. I have to make a call." He said. I made my way over and sat down. The seat was comfy and even had a few pillows.

I didn't want to eat. I wanted to piss him off. I wanted him to yell at me and I wanted to yell back until my voice was lost. I needed to yell.

The whole house was silent. I could hear Zayn on the phone in the other room. His voice sounded angry.

"I don't know what to do!" He said, exasperated.

Silence.

"No, I gave her some toast and juice. Yeah, I mean she was crying."

Pause.

"No!"

Silence.

"I don't know. I've never had to babysit before." His voice was sarcastic.

Pause.

"No. I only agreed for one night. Just one night. That's all." I could hear his anger beginning to rise again.