Chapter 18

"Akatsuki...Are the guys partnered with Itachi?" Neji's clear eyes narrowed, quickly glancing at Sasuke.
Sakura was also nervous, Hang in there Sasuke!
Killua and the other Hunters were more concerned about Illumi, only because they knew of the extent to his abilities.
The young ex-assassin caught Gon's brown eyes, and with Illumi, comes Hisoka.
For one thing, Gon was like a book, everyone could tell what he was thinking.
Kakashi cleared his throat, looking down on Naruto, "Yes, they are a band of extremely tough missing Nin." 
Ging smirked, sending mixed signals to Morel, and Knuckles, Bisky always knew the man was up to something, so she thought nothing of it. Gon began to pace back and forth, catching Sasuke's attention.
"Must you?" The black haired boy's eyes flashed red.
Gon cocked his head to the side, "This is how I think."
"Say," Ging spotted that the head count was off, "Where's that Kurta clan boy?"
Killua smiled, "He went on ahead."
"What?" Kakashi's voice changed slightly, not noticeable enough to the young ninja, but just enough as to be noticed by the Hunters.
"Kurapika's reallllyyyy smart," Gon stretched his arms in emphasis.
Sakura looked worried, but Naruto was just jealous that the other blond got to go on a solo mission.
Sasuke's jaw tightened.
Wing-san cleared his throat, "If that boy is recognized by these two," he pointed out Gon and Killua, "Then I say he's strong enough to be left alone for a few days."
Kakashi rubbed his temples, then sighed, "Alright," he pulled out another scroll, letting the previous one vanish, "Let's start with teams."
All night they planned, and discussed the best options for battle tactics, involving each person's strengths and weaknesses.
Kakashi allowed for input on methods to rule out the Akatsuki members, until they developed a nearly perfect plan.
A subtle knock on the door alarmed the group of just how late they had been to planning 'til.
The boy with a tall spiky ponytail peaked through, his expression was neutral.
"Good," Kakashi stood from where he sat, everyone was around the table now, "Shikamaru, you came just in time."
Naruto patted his friend on the back, while Sakura waved.
Bisky grunted, "Now who's this boy?"
Wing-san smiled inwardly, she was the same as always.
Killua nodded, as did Gon.
The others just sat quietly.
"My dad had Hokage business to attend to," Shikamaru explained to Naruto, who was curious to why he was here.
Kakashi introduced him, "This is our battle tactics commander for the mission."
His bored eyes poured into Ging's, "I'm best in shogi."
Morel came into focus, "So this boy, knows more about tactics than you do?" He shifted in his seat.
Kakashi shrugged, "No, not exactly, but, he can formulate over 200 steps in mere minutes to win."
Gon smiled proudly, Sakura did the same.
Although Sasuke wanted to be the most powerful, he acknowledged Shikamaru's level of intelligence.
"That's that then," Bisky half-smiled.
Killua looked around the room, where he saw serious faces beneath the hopeful masks. From the Hyuuga's to Sasuke to Bisky and to Gon's father, he knew they hid their true emotions.
Kakashi adjusted his headband, lifting it up above his forehead, showcasing his scarred sharingan eye, "Let's gather what we need then meet at the gates in half an hour."
~~~~
The third Hokage sat back from his clear crystal ball, knowing that the troubles ahead of them were not easy.
He scratched his beard, then took a breath,
"Kakashi-sensei," he looked up at the ninja who had just appeared, "Make sure to keep Naruto safe."
The former Anbu bowed deeply before disappearing.
"It's not just Naruto anymore, that Killua Zoldyck could be a problem too."
~~~~
"We have to meet with Kurapika first."
Kakashi put his hands to his temples, "Yes, Gon, but where is he?"
Gon slouched where he stood by the entrance to Konohagure.
Killua sighed, giving a look to his best friend, "Being more specific would help."
"Exactly," Bisky agreed, Wing-San and the others simultaneously nodded.
"Why don't we get your dogs to help out?" Sakura chimed in, looking at her sensei.
Morel cleared his throat, "Ging and Gon here are perfectly capable."
Gon waved his hands, "Let's just work together," he smiled at Kakashi.
Naruto huffed, crossing his arms, "Let's go already!
Sakura hit him over the head, "We're deciding what's the best way to find that boy, bakkaaaa!"
Killua looked over at Ging, who had just rolled his eyes. They were currently standing at the giant gates, preparing for departure.
Sasuke was just coming in with his belongings.
Kakashi sighed after receiving a glare from Killua, then looked to Shikamaru, "Okay, let's just give the Hokage our plans, then we can head out." Sasuke quickly dropped his bag as he and the other ninja leapt away, leaving the Hunters to mingle amongst themselves.
"I don't think I can handle any more of that stupid blond boy," Bisky mumbled, she shielded her eyes from the sun.
Wing-san nodded, "He definitely has potential."
"Ha. Sure," Knuckles snorted, combing his hair.
Gon gave Killua a knowing look.
Ging didn't let it go unnoticed, "He's probably one of the strongest here."
Killua shot a glare.
"I'll believe it when I see it," Bisky huffed.
Killua shoved his hands into his pockets, You won't even believe it then, old hag.
****************
Where is kurapika?????
Did I mention that Naruto and I share the same birthday? Well we do :3
Happy belated Birthday Naruto!!!! XD
Anyway, thanks for reading!!!
arigato goizamasu! m(_ _)m
-mycatWalter