Chapter 24

Killua could only see darkness. He twisted his head around until he felt fabric across his eyes.
Blindfolds, he took a mental note.
He focused on what he heard next, only slight breaths from the others. He tried to move his arms, but both of them were wrapped in chains around his torso.
Killua sat up, having felt a wall behind him, he leaned against it. He knew Gon was the one closest to him, he could feel his nen.
"Gon," pause, "Gon," he tried again. A rustle of movement.
"Mm, Killua?" He heard a sharp intake of air, "Where are we?"
Killua shook his head, even though he couldn't be seen, "You're tied too?" He asked just to make sure.
"Uhuh," Gon whispered, "Nen infused chains, you?" Killua had noticed that too, and said so.
"Wah! Where---"
"Shut it, Naruto," Killua interrupted, he felt an overwhelming pressure coming from the direction of the young ninja's voice. What is that?
"I... can't see," Sakura's soft voice came into play, she shuffled to her knees, unable to control her whimpering.
"Hey, it's okay," Gon comforted.
"Are we all tied up like this?" Bisky grumbled, she stirred from where she lay.
Kakashi's voice sounded from Killua's left, "Seems like it."
After a few minutes the majority had woken.
Hinata and Neji automatically activated their byakugan, but couldn't see outside the room at all.
"They must be using a chakra barrier of some sort," Kakashi deducted, he began tugging at the ropes that held him.
Killua sat straighter, "Are you strong enough to break those ropes?" He thought back to what they all mentioned; only the Hunters had the chains.
Sasuke huffed.
"Baka!" Naruto shouted, "Of course we can!"
Sounds of struggle fell across the room.
Ging sighed, "Give it up kid."
Killua swore under his breath, if Illumi didn't- "The pins!" Killua focused his nen to the back of his neck, noticing that the needle was still there.
"What is it, Killua-kun?" Hinata inquired, her soft voice breaking the silence.
"We have to take out Illumi's pins," he spoke coolly, "If not, we won't be able to get out of here."
Kakashi stirred, "Well good thing I'm free," the sound of ropes dropping to the ground echoed a couple times. He automatically ripped his out, and went to do the rest.
"These chains won't be able to come off," Wing-San pointed out, "No matter what we try."
"He's right," Bisky frowned, a soft chuckle escaped her lips, "But they didn't account for me," shuffling noises were heard, the chains rubbed together, until a huge crash echoed through the room.
Gon was smiling ear to ear, he knew what had happened.
Bisky ripped off Killua's blindfold, enabling him to see that everyone else was trying to figure out how to get their restraints off.
He felt a slight sting as Kakashi pulled out Illumi's needle from his neck.
The young ex-assassin met stares with Ging, who narrowed his eyes.
A moment passed, "Dammit!" Killua cursed, he let another moment slide, checking around the room again, "Why's Illumi teamed with Itachi?! Okaa-San said he was going to kill him!"
Ging quirked an eyebrow, "He has some ulterior motives, clearly."
Killua shot a look at Gon's father before Sakura whispered, "...keep your enemies closer..." her eyes widened as she turned her head toward Kakashi-sensei.
"Seems about right," Morel agreed, he had been struggling to sit upright for the past few minutes, he finally succeeded as he spoke.
Killua's blue eyes roamed everyone's faces, confusion was obvious, but he could sense that Kakashi wasn't telling them something.
Sasuke grumbled, he had been asleep because of the pain, he slowly brought himself into a seated position, frowning as he did. Beads of sweat glistened off his forehead, making him look more sickly than before. Both Naruto and Sakura filled him in. Killua could see Sasuke touching the back of his neck, where the pin had been.
Hinata and Neji continued to use their byakugan, but they were still unsuccessful, even with them being the Hyuuga heirs.
Bisky was trying to figure out ways in how to get the Hunters out of the chains while she began untying the Ninja.
Naruto stretched once his ropes fell to the ground, he didn't say anything, but only glanced over to Sakura and Sasuke.
"Kakashi," Gon stood, his chains making him the slightest bit wobbly, "Itachi...should he die?"
"I'm going to be the one to kill him," Sasuke jumped from where he sat, his breaths were shallow as he ignored Sakura's protest for him to rest, "Not Killua's aniki."
Gon nodded, trying not to rile him up again.
Killua joined the circle, carefully eyeing Kakashi in the process, "What we should be really concerned about is that if Illumi and Itachi were to fight, there'd be casualties."
"What do you care about people dying?" Sasuke jabbed Killua's chest, "You're nothing but a wannabe Hunter, you've killed--"
Gon head-butted the ninja, sending him flying to the back wall.
A shrill scream came from Sakura.
Naruto spotted the glint in Gon's eye, and opened his mouth to say something before closing it again.
It seemed like he would end up like Sasuke if he did.
"Don't ever say anything bad about him," Gon's voice hushed, "He's my most precious friend."
Killua blushed, "Matte-"
"Shut it," Gon uncharacteristically snapped.
Killua then narrowed his eyes, "Gon..." he started until he spotted the vacant look in his expression, and snapped his attention over to Hinata and Neji, "Find the other needle on him, now."
Hinata immediately checked the rest to make sure they were clear as Neji pinpointed where it was on Gon.
"Why pick Gon?" Wing-San questioned, "I'm sure it would've been a wiser choice to pick someone more experienced."
"Now's not the time for your inquiries, Wing," Bisky put her hand over his mouth to shut him up, "It never is."
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
なやすみんあさい!
Oyasuminasai!
I'm learning hiragana and katakana!!
Just for fun, I really like languages...
Also, I've been starting to go to the gym... for my instrument 😅
I need to be able to play those high notes so that I can one day play first or solo!!!
Woot!
-mycatWalter