Heartstrings

^What Marinette looks like^

-------------

"Hey Adrien can I talk to you for a second?" Adrien looks puzzled and glances at Marinette, his girlfriend.

Marinette trusts him so she gives him a silent nod. " yeah sure Chloe." Marinette lingers outside of the classroom. She wonders what is taking Adrien and Chloe so long so she look in the room.

She sees Adrien and Chloe making out near her desk. She didn't need to see anymore and Marinette fled but not before Adrien saw her. She ran away to a place where no one would find her her special hiding spot.

Adrien I love you, you don't love me back.

In another part of Paris an opportunity has emerged for certain villain. He doesn't know that this will be he biggest mistake of his life.

"You love this boy but he played with your heart. Go forth Akuma and evilize her." The Akuma goes and touches her bag.

"Hello Heartstrings my name is Hawk moth. If you want to get revenge on your ex then all you have to do is get ladybug and chat Noir miraculous." She smiles. "Of course Hawk moth whatever you say."

She transforms and goes and tries to find Chloe. "Adrian!? Chloe? where are you two?" She goes on top of Eiffel Tower to scan the city to try to find Chloe and Adrien.

A certain Kitty sees her and taps her on the shoulder. He immediately recognizes who is under the mask.

"Marinette why did you get akumatized?" He asks but he already knows the answer. "Because my boyfriend cheated on me with the girl who bullied me.

Chloe, a girl who has everything well I have nothing it makes sense that he choose her. Well he's done playing with my heart. And it's not Marinette it's Heartstrings. And you little kitty, have to give me your ring."

Chat knows that this is all his fault but he didn't know that Chole was going to kiss him. He loves Mari and would never hurt her.

She swipes at chat Noir almost getting him tangled in her sharp wire strings that she has around her hands and arms. She moves away quickly.

"Marinette I can't fight you." She smiles darkly. "Well that will make it easier for me when I kill you and take your miraculous." A little voice in the back of her head told her that this is wrong and tries to fight hawkmoth but she's fully under his control.

"I love you Marinette and I'm sorry that I cheated on you but it wasn't me it was all Chole." She processes this new information that Adrien is Chat Noir  and then smirks.

"Boo freakin hoo. (😁My friend says this to me all the time😁) I don't care give me your miraculous and I won't kill you."

"I won't give you my miraculous but I want you to know that I'll always love you no matter what you do to me."

He slowly starts to detransform into Adrien. "My love please don't give in, fight him. I know you can do it because you're my strong smart beautiful amazing girlfriend."

This is wrong.

No he hurt you. He deserves to die.

I never wanted him to die just to suffer.

And he will when you take his miraculous.

But then he won't love me.

Foolish child. He never loved you in the first place.

But I love him. Why does he confuse me like this?

"Marinette please forgive me I love you." His eyes look pleadingly at her.

See, he loves me.

Then why did he kiss Chole?

"If you really loved me then you wouldn't have kissed Chole!" Heartstrings wraps the wire string around Adriens upper arms and legs. She then wraps the string around his hands and feet.

"I will play with your heart now. Like you played with mine"

YES! Now take his miraculous and bring it to me.

No.

WHAT?!?!

Im going to play with him a little longer and then take his miraculous.

No! You will give me his miraculous now!!

Hawkmoth hurts Marinette so that she will comply. In the end she lets go of Adrien to clutch her head because of the pain.

Fine. I'm coming.

"Marinette please. I know you." She looks at his forrest green eyes that are thearting  to spill over.

She kisses him one last time. Her words will be the last thing he hears.

"Well maybe you didnt low me as well as you thought."

And with that she knocks him out and takes his miraculous away from him with no one to stop her.

She puts on the ring and gains ultimate power. The akuma in her takes her insecurities and makes her believe it.

She defeats Hawkmoth but only because she doesn't want anyone to be more powerful than her.

She kills Chole and becomes the Mayor so that she can control Paris.

While all this is happening Adriens falls into a coma. The only person who can stop Marinette and he is half dead.

Once in a blue moon, Marinette thinks about him and how he is down in Hawkmoths lair with the best medical equipment money can buy.

And she is powerless to help him.

So she cuts the cord and never looks back.

----

This story turned out to be more than I was supposed to write but whatever. This one shot is so sad.