Chapter 7

2 months later

Matty's POV

I sat here thinking about how much i've changed in the last few months. I used to do nothing but party and skip shool, nothing mattered. I never cared about waking up the next morning because I never had a reason to, until now. Alex. She brings out the best in me. She's everything. She knows about my past and she still accepts me. I've never had anyone who stayed this long. Everyone always leaves. Gosh, I'm in love with her. It sounds cliche, but its true. She understands me. She consumes all of my thoughts. I know she'll always be here for me, I just hope that I don't screw this up.

Last night, my brother called from back home and told me my mom is letting him stay with me for the holidays. He's only 12 so I'm worried about him flying here alone. I'm excited for him to meet Alex. Im meeting up with her today so I'll tell her about it then. I'll haver my little brother and my girl for the holidays, what more could I ask for? Everything is genuinely perfect right now.

I decide to go to Alex's apartment earlier than what was planned just because I wanted to spend more time with her. When I reach her floor, I see her hugging that Luke guy. She sees me, but doesn't let go of him, "I'll see you soon," she tells him, finally letting go. He walks straight past me without a word.

"You didn't tell me he'd be here." I said, with jealousy obvious in my tone.

"I didn't know he was coming. You don't need to worry about him, Matty. He's just a friend. You should know that by now." She says, sounding a bit annoyed.

"I do. It's just, I don't really like you seeing him. He obviously doesn't like me, feelings mutual, but he has feelings for you and its not hard to tell."

"He is my ex." she says, shrugging her shoulders.

"You're his ex, do you have feelings for him?" I didn't want to know the answer.

"No. I honestly don't know why you would ask that. After everything." She sounded hurt.

"Im sorry, I'm just-"

"You should go. I'm not feeling so good. I'll call you or something." she said, walking towards the door. I didn't want to argue with her.

"I'm sorry," I said, leaving her. I didn't mean to pick a fight with her. I hate seeing her talk to other guys. especially Luke. I know she means nothing by it, but it still bothers the fuck out of me. She's mine. No one gets that. I mean, shes not hard to fall for, she's beautiful. I was about to text her, but I decided against it. I.don't blame her for being angry at me, I came off rude. I didnt want to be that overprotective boyfriend who gets mad at every boy she talks to.

I waited a few hours hoping she'd text or call me, she didnt. Was she that mad at me? Did I mess this up? I finally decided to text her to see what was wrong.

To: Alex

Im sorry, I didnt mean to be a jerk.

About 5 minutes later, i get a reply.

From: Alex

You weren't being a jerk, you just obviously dont trust me.

That wasnt it.

To: Alex

I do trust you, I dont trust him.  

From: Alex

Well, trust me when I say you dont need to worry about him.

She was right.

To: Alex