Chapter 20

//  and i was thinking about leaving again, it all depends if we're just friends //

Its been over 2 weeks since Ive asked Matty for 'space'. He still calls me but I havent seen him since that day. Ive been spending a lot more time with Kyle which probably looks bad but we're just friends. Luke told me he's trying to get on terms with Matty but its all too weird for him. I honestly dont care if they hate each other, but at least pretend to tolerate each other while Im around. It wont work if they cant at least try and get along.

 While, cleaning up my room, I find a cd with a small note attached to it.

     I've never done this so hopefully I didnt come off as strange for giving you a cd when I just barely you. Hope you like it. You know where to find me. -Matthew

I stared at the mixed cd Matty had given to me the night we met and wondered what wouldve happened iif I just left the shop instead of waiting for him to walk me home that night. I stared at the little piece of paper with messy hand writing and my eyes got teary. I decided to call him up and maybe ask to talk things out.

"Hello?" He answered, he sounded very tired but it was already 7.

"Um, Ill call you back later tonight. You sound like you havent slept in days." I say.

"No, its okay. Whats wrong?"  he asks.

"Nothing, actually I was wondering if you wanted to come over to talk. Or Ill come there, its up to you." I said, sounding nervous.

"Yeah, Ill be over in 10?"

"Alright then." I say before hanging up. Here we go again. The endless cycle of Matty and I. We're good one day then mad the next, then a few days later we're good again.

I went downstairs to the lobby to get my mail. Nothing important as usual. I was waiting for a letter from back home. Kenna started writing little letters to me after my visit so I get one every week or so. I havent gotten one in 2. I guess Ill call her later and see how things are.

"Hey 102, going out tonight?" I turn around to see Kyle standing behind me, waiting for the elevator.

"Nope, staying in, I think." I smile.

"Hey, how are things? You know, with everything." he says, pushing the button to our floor.

"Its getting there, but Im ok." I say, with a weak smile.

"You'll be fine," he smiles, "Look, I know this may sound weird but um, do you want to hang out tonight? Go to the movies or something? Its only 7."

"Matty's coming over tonight." I tell him.

"Right. No yeah, I figured you'd get back with him sooner or later. You always do, apparently." He says, walking straight to his door. I ignored it and went to mine. Matty's going to be here any minute and I need to figure out what Im going to say to him. I dont think Im getting back with him tonight or soon, but we just need to talk. I dont want him to think the feelings arent there anymore because they still are. They always will be.

-

After 30 minutes pass by, he finally shows up.

"I thought you wouldnt come." I say, inviting him in. He looked pretty bad. He was much paler, and more tired than the last time I saw him, "are you okay? Have you been getting sleep?" I ask.

"Barely," he says, "I cant really sleep at night, not knowing if you're okay or not."

"Im fine, really." I say, feeling guilty that Im the reason he cant sleep.

"Are you?" he asks.

"Are you?" I repeat. He begins to tell me he's not. He tells me about how wrong things go when Im not around.

We talked for an hour about things leading up to this moment. He told me about him missing home and his little brother. How he wanted to move back if things didnt work out. It broke my heart to hear him talk like that. His voice was low, almost at a whisper, I could tell he was hurt. I just wanted to fix him. After a few minutes of silence, he finally spoke.

"Maybe I should get going."

"You can stay over, if you'd like. I dont like seeing you tired like this." I admit.

"Are you sure?" he asks, giving me that smile of his that ive missed so much.

"Yeah, I guess. Its not like you havent slept here before."

"Those were on different terms."

"Were they really?"

"No, probably not."  he laughs lightly.

After getting cleaned up, I got into bed and watched as Matty looked like he didnt know what to do. He awkwardly lingered by the door to my bedroom.

"Uh, where am I sleeping?" he finally asked.

"In here, if you want."

"Yeah okay." He walked to the side of the bed and started taking off his shirt- I couldnt help but stare at his, he's beautiful. After getting nearly naked, leaving only his boxers on, he got into my bed. I moved away from him to the edge of the bed, feeling a little uncomfortable but he only moved closer.

"Its just me, love." he says, wrapping his arms around my waist and I turn around to face him.

"You need to get some sleep, yeah?" I say, my heart pounding because Im so close to him again.

"Are we okay now?" He asks.

"Ill let you know tomorrow morning, ok?" I say.

"Youre wearing my tshirt." he says, smiling.

"I always do." I say, laying my head on his chest.

There was suddenly a loud knocking at my door. I quickly got up to see who is was.

"Alex, heyyyy."

"Are you fucking drunk?" this is going to be another long night.

-

-

-

-

****Hi guysss :) sorry this was short, im gunna be busy in the next week or two so yeah. Leave your twitter name or in the comments and I'll follow you. Or if you want to kik me, my kiks the1975sos (: