Chapter 3

**** If anyone is actually reading, can you let me know what you think? Itd mean a lot (:

-

-

-

-

ALEX'S POV

Spending the whole day with a guy a barely met is not something i would normally do. I honestly just wanted to go back to bed, but I figured Id try and make the best of it.

"Where are we even going?" I asked, staring out the window of his car. His car smelled like axe and ciggarettes.

"You'll see. The cd, did you like it?" he asked.

"Yeah, actually. The last song though, who is it by?"

"Just some random stuff, did you like it? The last song?" he lightly laughed.

"Yes, it was my favorite song on the cd. Who sings it?"

He smiled and said, "I'll tell you later." I nodded and stared at my phone screen.

We drove for about an hour and a half until the car finally stopped.

"Where are we?" I asked, stepping out of the car.

"Come on." he said walking over to me, grabbing me hand and lacing his fingers with mine.

Sparks. Thats all I felt. I dont say anything and just follow him. I could tell we're by a beach beacause I could hear the waves crashing against rocks.

"The beach? At 10 in the morning?" I asked.

"Stop worrying about the time. I wanna show you something."

He was right. Im a bit OCD when it comes to time management. He tightened his grip on my hand when I tried to let go. I didnt think it was necessary for him to be holding my hand, but Im not complaining. After a short walk, we got to this rocky cove area overlooking the sea.

"I found this place not to long ago, no one ever comes up here. Its nice to just think here. Its quiet, peaceful." he told me.

It was nice, but I didnt understand why he took me here. He told me stories of when he was younger about how he did stupid and reckless things. How he would always get in trouble, how his parents seperated and how much that affected him. I just sat there listening to him. Ive never met anyone who would open up that easy about things like that. He told me about how he left his brother 'back home' and how much he missed him. I understood him. I knew exactly how he felt. I could see the hurt.

"I dont usually tell anyone this type of stuff," he says, "I just thought- Im comfortable enough to tell you," he smiled.

"Before you think I'm a bad guy, Im not. Im done with all the trouble." He said confidently.

"I wouldnt think that. Ever," I said, smiling. Its true. He may look like he gets into all this trouble, but after everything he just told me I know he's just looking for a place to belong.

"Thanks."

"Can we go somewhere where its warmer?" I asked, it was so cold.

"Yeah, come on," he said, getting up and again, placing my hand in his. I just went along with it, I thought it was sort of cute. I don't know.

We spent the rest of the day driving around the city's scenic route, talking about small things. I felt like I've known him for so long. I glanced at my phone to see what time it was, 6:35. I didn't really care what time it was. Its nice to just spend the day not knowing what you're going to do next. That's how Matthew was. Unpredictable. Its way too soon, but I like him. He's different.

"I'll take you home now, don't worry." He said, lightly laughing. In all honesty, I didn't want to go home. I still wanted to hang out with him. He said we we're 40 minutes from my apartment. He rested his hand on my thigh, the whole ride home. I didn't mind.

When we got to my street, he parked a few blocks away from my apartment building. He said he wanted to walk the rest of the way. A few extra moments with him was I really needed.

"Is this weird, me holding your hand?" he asked, grabbing my hand.

"No, i like it," I said, looking down. He smiled and we continued walking.
We got to my building a while later.

"Ill see you tomorrow?" he asked, pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah, just not so early?" I said into his chest.

"Haha, ok, goodnight," he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

We said our goodnights and hugged a few more times before actually going our own ways. Today was perfect. I remembered we exchanged numbers earlier in the day so I contemplated on testing him. I decided against it because he just left about 5 minutes ago and I may seem annoying. I looked at my phone, 2 unread messages. One from my mom and another from Matthew. I obviously ignored the one from my mom and opened Matt's.

From: Matt
Thanks for coming out with me today. miss you already x

Cute.

We texted for a while, cute little messages. Back and forth. There was something that seemed mysterious about him. He was sweet and kind. He was perfect. Too perfect? I dont know.

After a few hours of texting, it was getting late so I went to go get ready for bed. I was lacking sleep.

I got in bed and put on some old Disney movies to fall asleep to.

Today was unexpected and perfect. I just wanted to know if the feeling was mutual.