My Tiger Striped Rose

A/N So I wanted to give one more chapter because of that two week gap. I really enjoyed writing this one and I hope you guys like it. Please Vote/Comment/Share!

David's POV

"What is this to you, huh? Some game? Do you take our friendship so carelessly that none of it would spare you a second thought?"

It's because I'm stupid and I think I may love you. But instead of voicing my thought, I stayed silent. I think I did more damage by doing that though.

She dryly laughed. "Wow. And to think I wanted to actually stay here," she whispered.

I was stunned by her words and it wasn't until she was a good couple feet away from my door did I chase after her.

"Giovanna, wait."

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"I don't want an apology anymore. Ben deserves one."

Panic filled my entire being as she ran through the hall. Should I go after her? Or should I let her be - even if it means might having to let her go?

Crippling fear that I had felt not too long ago returned to me. She was going to leave and it was all my fault. But was she lying when she said she actually wanted to stay? Was she just playing around with me?

I already knew my answer. The pain in her eyes told me what she said was true.

I walked back into my room feeling like the biggest ass ever. I admit, I did think that she would leave with him. That's why I locked myself away. I couldn't bare the thought of her going like that. Without her even saying goodbye...

Like I did to Ben.

I let out a small, frustrated scream and threw some pillows around. All while continuously pelting myself with insults. I always mess everything up! She probably regrets ever befriending me. Hell, I would.

Like when we were in the library. All I could think about was how I felt towards her and Daniel with his arm around her. The thought of Daniel sent me on a rampage. When he left I guess all of my anger towards him was taken out on Giovanna.

I looked down at the guitar with disgust. I wanted to kick it, but it's not like it was its fault. Instead, I picked it up and buried it in my mess of a closet. On the outside, this room is pretty empty looking. There's nothing personal anywhere really. But in the drawers, it's like hell broke loose. Pictures are buried under clothes. Little trinkets mixed with papers. And my closet. I don't even want to talk about that. Linda would freak if she saw it. That's why I keep the exterior clean.

I walked over to my balcony and stared at the rose vines climbing up the walls. Must be my mother's doing. She admired roses extremely and planted them all over the place. I can't say that I don't like their presence. It's quite pleasant to look at actually. I know Giovanna has enjoyed them too. She said that her father was a large gardener and that he'd teach her all about the different types of flowers. She had mentioned the tiger striped rose as being her favorite. She loves how it's a mixture of white and red. Purity and love.

"I need to make things right. But how? How does she forgive me?"

"I don't know."

I didn't even have to face the mirror to know who it was.

"Not now Melinda."

"Oh c'mon. Maybe I can help you out."

I returned to my room and saw Melinda's reflection in the mirror. It wasn't a big surprise considering she did this a lot in the past to scare the crap out of me.