Chapter 6

"Don't look yet" Matt said as he lead me through the woods.
"How can I? You have a blindfold over my eyes ya twatwaffle." I said. He laughed and I rolled my eyes, even tho he couldn't see me do it.
He decided to take me on our first date and won't tell me where we are going. I can tell that we're in the woods but I don't know why.
"These are my favorite converses. Don't you make me step in something that I don't want to step in." I said. He chuckled at me and I just growled.
I had on my black jeans with my blue sweatshirt and my white converses.

We stopped about 5 minutes later and he took the blindfold off. I looked around and smiled. There was a blanket down with a picnic basket next to it.
"I love it." I said. He smiled and took my hand, leading me to the blanket. We sat down and he pulled a pizza box out of the basket. I started laughing and he playfully growled at me.
"Well" he sighed "I can't cook and you like pizza so, this is the result."
I wiped the tears that slipped out of my eyes while I was laughing and I took his hand.
"I love it Mattie. Thank you." I smiled and leaned into him.
"My dad suggested this whole big decorating the field. But I thought you'd like something a bit smaller." He said. I nodded while I while I shoved pizza in my mouth. He chuckled and grabbed a slice.
We ate the pizza and talked for about 2 hours until my dad mind linked me.
Everest. Get back here. There were rogues spotted on the border. Be safe.
"Mattie we have to go." I jumped up and grabbed his hand.
"What's going on?" He asked, jumping up.
"Rogues were spotted. We have to go." I said frantically.
"Evie. It's okay."
"No Mattie. You don't know these rogues. They've gone completely insane. They're dangerous. Just come on." I tugged his hand and we started running.

We had been running for ten minutes when I heard a growl. We froze and turned around. There were six wolves snarling. They circled us and I clung to Mattie.
Dad. Help. I sent throughout mind link.
"Just be careful Mattie." I whispered. The wolves circled around us, watching our every move. One rogue shifted and looked at me.
"Everest! So nice to see you." He laughed. Matthew growled and the rogue looked at him.
"Awe. Someone found her mate. How sweet" he sighed "too bad he won't be here much longer." I snarled at him and he flicked his hand. All of the wolves jumped at us at the same time and I screamed. I buried my face into Mattie's chest and prayed to the moongoddess for help. Mattie gasped and I turned my head. The wolves were jumping at us but they weren't making contact. They all stopped and I looked at Mattie. His eyes got wide and he pointed at my eyes. I looked out and there was a shimmering gold light around us. I saw my reflection and my eyes were bright gold. I gasped and whimpered. Mattie grabbed my hand pulled me to him.
Dad. Please. I whimpered through the mind link.
I'm coming baby girl. Almost there. He said. I closed my eyes and I could hear the thumping of his paws hit ground.
Two wolves jumped into the clearing and new it was mine and Mattie's dad. They shifted and looked at the rogue.
"Leave. Now." My dad snarled. The rogues backed away and turned around, running into the woods.
"What the hell?" My dad muttered. He walked around the golden bubble that surrounded us.
I poked it and it disappeared. I gasped as I felt energy run up my arm. My dad ran over and pulled me to him.
"Thank god you're okay." He muttered into my hair. He let go and I turned around to look at Mattie. He looked at the ground and I just stared at him.
"Come here angel." He said quietly. I ran over and jumped onto him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my face in his shoulder.
"It's okay angel. I'm here." He murmured into my ear as we started walking back to the pack house.

We got to the pack house and Mattie carried me tour room. He put me down on the bed and I looked up at him.
"I'm sorry. I didn't think being with me would put you in danger." I whispered. "I'd understand if you wanted to leave."
He sat down next to me and pulled me to him.
"Don't say that Angel. You're mine. No matter what. I don't care what life throws at us. We will always be together." He kissed my forehead and I snuggled up to his side, falling asleep.