Chapter 15

Tears rolled down my face as I gripped Mattie's hand tightly.
"I loved him. His last words to me, ones I will never forget. Always And Forever. He's my always and forever and I was his. He was a great alpha, an amazing father, and a friend to all. He'll be missed dearly." My mom finished her speech and wiped her tears, sitting next to me. She patted my hand and I stood up, shakily walking in front of everyone.
"My father, Your Alpha, Everyone's friend. He was an amazing man. I still remember we would make up our own little games when I was little. I didn't have many friends. So he was my best friend. We would go on missions. When mom was baking we would sneak in the kitchen and steal a cookie or whatever treat it was. We had fun. A lot of it. I'm going to miss him." I sniffled. My dad always taught me that tears showed weakness so I did my best not to cry in front of everyone. "At The end of our little missions we would salute each other and enjoy our stolen treats. When he was going, he saluted me. His mission is over. It hurts. A lot. But, he's in a better place. Rest In Peace Dad." I finished my speech and saluted the coffin. Jacklen and jaylen came running up and jumped on me. I fell to my knees and held them to me.
"But evie!" Jaylen cried out. "We don't want daddy's mission to be over."
"I know buddy. Me neither. But it was time." I said. I couldn't help the tears that started rolling down my face. Carmine was the next to come up and wrap her arms around us, followed by my mom and Mattie. Soon, the entire pack was around us, hugging us and crying with us. In that moment I knew, it would be okay.

"I found him!" One of my warriors came running into my office. The funeral was two days ago and I was slowly getting better. My mom was getting better with all of our support and Jaylen and Jacklen helped each other through it. Carmine is upset, but we're all here for each other. She's getting ready to pop any day now.
"Where?" I asked, standing up.
"He's about four hours away. He's at the land where the rogues are, separating the Crescent Pack and the Blue Moon Pack."
I nodded and smiled.
"Thank you. Keep an eye on him." He nodded and left. Keegan's body was never found, so came to the conclusion that he's alive. Him and Lucas got away, I didn't know where to until now.

I walked up to my room and opened the door. Minnie has found her way into my room and was sleeping on the bed. I smiled and picked up my phone. It was almost 9 so I grabbed my stuff and got in the shower.
I got out and wrapped the towel around me, walking into our room. I heard a growl and I jumped. Mattie was standing there looking at me.
Before I could blink he had me pinned against the wall.
"I missed you." He whispered.
"I know. I missed you too. I'm sorry." I looked down. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face so I was looking into his eyes.
"You don't have to apologize. You never have to apologize Angel." I nodded and leaned up, kissing him. He smiled and pulled away.
"Matthew." I whispered. "Will you mark me again?" He looked at me and nodded.
He tossed me into the bed gently and kissed my neck. He went to the other side and found a soft spot, chuckling as I moaned.
I squeaked as his canines sunk into my skin. After he was finished I did the same to him.
"Finish it." I whispered as I let my towel drop. He looked at me with concern in his eyes. I nodded and he did what I asked. That night I was marked and mated. I'd never been happier.