Chapter 7

"Hey. Angel. Wake up." I rubbed my eyes and groaned.
"What do you want Mattheww." I whined. He chuckled and shook his head.
"You dad wants to talk to you downstairs. Come on Angel."
I pouted and held my arms out. "Carry me."
He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He kissed my cheek and chuckled.
"You're lucky I like you so damn much." He grumbled. My mind stopped on the word 'like'. He keeps saying he likes me. He doesn't love me. The thought of that saddened me, but I giggled and kissed his cheek.
"Here is your child." Matthew announced as he sat down with me on his lap.
"Sweetheart. We need to talk about yesterday." My dad said.
"I know dad. No more going out without people there with us." I said.
"No, we need to talk about what happened yesterday. We need to talk about the thing that kept you safe." He said hesitantly.
"Oh. Yeah." I whispered.
"What was it?"
"I don't know. It just happened. I thought I was gonna die. I thought Mattie was gonna die. I can't lose anyone else." I sniffled. "It's never happened before. I didn't do it on purpose. I just thought about Mattie. And all of my family. And how I wanted to be there for the rest of our lives. I thought about how I wanted to grow old with Mattie. And then it was like a surge of energy went through me. My eyes, they were glowing. My hands were tingling, but I was too terrified to do anything." I leaned my head on Mattie and he started playing with my hair. I sighed and looked at the ground. "I'm sorry dad. I didn't mean to." I whispered.
"Sweetheart. Don't be sorry. It's okay. I love you." He said. I shook my head and got up.
"I'm a freak dad. I always have been. I've never had many friends. I get weird looks every where I go. I'm not special. I'm a freak." I said through my tears.
"I'm done." Mattie growled. He got up and walked away. I watched him walk away and stood there. My dad got up and came over.
"You're perfect the way you are. You saved his life. And yours. There is nothing wrong with you. I promise. I love you no matter what. You are my daughter. Now get your stuff we're going home soon." He kissed my forehead and I walked upstairs and into my room. Mattie was sitting on the bed and I stopped and stared at him. I began to collect my stuff while he just watched me.
"I guess you're going back to your pack then." I whispered. He growled and I looked at him.
"Why would I go to my pack?" He asked in a frustrated tone. "Are you trying to get me rid of me? Do you really not want me around that bad?"
I looked at him with wide eyes and shook my head. I turned away as tears slipped out of eyes. I sat down and Minnie jumped into my lap.
"Hey. Angel." I heard him whisper. "I'm sorry." He got up and came to sit next to me. He pulled me to him and kissed my head. "I'm sorry angel. Don't cry. Please. When you cry it's like my entire world just comes crashing down. Please angel. I'm sorry."
"But. You don't love me." I whispered. I wiped my eyes and looked at him. His eyes were filled with hurt and confusion. "You always say you like me. You don't say you love me."
"Angel. Of course I love you. I just didnt want to rush things if you weren't ready." He said. "After what happened before I knew you were hurting and I didn't know what to do. I love you more than anything. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know what I'd do without you in my life. They always say you should find someone who is you're best friend and your true love. I found mine the minute I looked into your eyes. As soon as I saw you I knew you were mine. Yo I will always be mine." He hugged me close to him and I looked up.
"I love you too." I whispered.
"Can I kiss you?" He asked quietly. I nodded and he brought his lips to mine. It was like fireworks erupted in my lips. I smiled and pulled away.
"Let's get packed up. We are leaving soon." I told him. He nodded and helped me pack all of mine and Minnie's and his stuff. Minnie had her own little suitcase and it was adorable.

"Goodbye Alpha Brandon! Thank you for everything!" I called out the window as we drove away.

"I can't wait to get home." I said. Mattie chuckled and kissed my head.
"I know angel."
I smiled at him and laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat until I fell asleep.
"Everest. Wake up my dear."
I opened my eyes and it was all foggy. I slowly got up and tried calling for Mattie, but no sound came from my mouth. I looked around in confusion. Where in the hell am I?
"Everest. My dear child. Come here." I heard a voice. I followed it and stepped through the fog. There was a woman standing there. She was wearing a long white dress. She had long blonde hair and her eyes were silver.
"Everest. You are special. You can thank your mother for that. When she protected you, you were gifted with a power that no other possesses, but everyone will soon want. Be safe my darling." She smiled and faded away as my eyes slowly closed.
"Angel. Angel. Wake up." Mattie frantically shook me. I shot up and looked around.
"What?" I asked.
"You weren't waking up." He said. "We're home." He smiled. I nodded and decided to not mention my dream. He'll only worry more than necessary. It might not even be anything to worry about.

"Mom!" I ran into the house. She was standing there waiting. I ran into her arms and she held onto me tightly.
"I missed you so much." She said. I nodded and just hugged her. She pulled away and began looking for injuries. I giggled and shook my head.
"Mom. I'm okay." I said. She nodded and smiled at me.
"Yes you are baby girl."
"Mom. I found my mate." I announced. She looked at me with wide eyes and I smiled. "Mattie." She squealed and ran over to him.
"You treat her right or I'll break every bone in your body." She said in a sweet tone. He nodded and smiled at me.
"You don't have to worry about that Mrs. Moon." He said. I blushed and looked down.
"Oh please. Call me Mia. You can even call me mom! Welcome to the family." My mom said. She turned to me with a look on her face and her smile was gone. "But Evie. Your sister. She's been in her room for awhile. She won't come out." I nodded and started heading for the steps.
"Ok. I'll see what I can do." I said. My mom nodded and started talking to Mattie.