Chapter 19

"Everest!" Carmine yelled, running into my room. I jumped up and put my hand over my belly.
"What?!" I yelled.
"Do you have him?" He yelled back, frantically looking around.
"Do I have who?" I asked.
"Andrew!" She cried. "I can't find him! He's gone!" I ran into his nursery and saw it empty. I stopped and sniffed the air. The scent. It was familiar. I crinkled my nose and looked around.
Cadence. He was here. He has Andrew. I growled and grabbed the blanket from the crib, looking for some sort of note. It just had to be on Christmas Eve that this would happen I groaned to myself. I saw something sticking out from under the pillow and I snatched it, tearing it open.
Everest,
My intentions are all pure, I assure you that much. I just needed your attention and now I have it. The child is unharmed. He will remain that way. I need you to meet me at the west borders. Just you and your mate if you wish. No warriors. No threats. No weapons. We have something to discuss.
I ran out to Carmine and gave her the note.
"Are you kidding me?" She yelled. "You don't actually plan on doing this?!"
"It's the only way to get Andrew back. I'm going. If Mattie wants, he can follow. But I'm going." I said.
"Everest no! It's a death trap. The Alpha and Luna, if he kills both then he gets the pack!" She shouted in frustration.
"I'm going." I said firmly, walking into my room.
I slipped on my black sweat pants and one of Mattie's white sweatshirts. I threw on my black boots and went to find Mattie.
"I'm going." He said. I nodded and we left.
"We'll take the car about halfway. Then we'll walk the rest so that he doesn't see us as a threat." I said, getting into the drivers seat. Mattie's chuckled and rolled his eyes.
"You and you're constant want to drive." I giggled and started the car.

"Ah. Luna. How nice to see you." Cadence grinned, holding Andrew in his arms. Mattie growled but I glowered at him and he stopped.
"Give me my nephew." I growled. He chuckled and handed me the baby. I snatched me and held him to me.
"It's alright baby." I cooed as he squirmed a little bit. "Now what do you want?" I growled at Cadence.
"Simple. I want the same thing that you do." He began. "Keegan. He's my brother. Always has been very odd." Mattie growled and pulled me to him.
"Well. I was six. He was eight. He decided that he had enough of mom always yelling at him and dad always being on her side. So, one night when we were sleeping he burned our house to the ground with us sleeping. I woke up in time, but my parents weren't so fortunate." He muttered, looking at the ground. "I got out and I ran. He thinks I'm dead. But I have gone around finding rogues and letting them join my little pack. We don't bother anyone. We keep to ourselves. I have about 160 rogues with me." He said proudly.
"So where do we fall in all of this?" I asked.
"The territory on your south borders. There's no one hardly there. There's a lot of land and it's far away from your pack."
"Cut to the chase Cadence." I barked.
"Okay okay." He nodded. "I would like to build a house and I would like for my pack and I to live here."
I looked at him for a minute then up to Matthew. He shrugged and I nodded.
"Fine. I'll send some people to help with the house. But here's the deal. You live on that side. No bothering my pack. And if you aid Keegan in any way I will kill you myself." I growled.
"I understand Luna. No problems from us, I promise. And Keegan? You won't have to worry about. I have been keeping track of him. My best men know his exact whereabouts. When he moves, we know it. I would like to offer my assistance in keeping him away from you and your family."
I nodded and he smiled.
"Thank you Luna."
"Just remember the rules." I said, turning around and walking back to the car with Mattie and Andrew.

We walked into the house and Carmine came running to me, grabbing Andrew and checking over him, making sure he was okay, then hugging him tightly as he giggled. I smiled and leaned into Mattie. He put his arm around me and I smiled.

"So you are letting the freak show that stole my child move onto our land?" Carmine asked.
"Well. He's actually nice. So yes. I am." I said.
"You're insane." She whispered. I laughed and she shook her head, laughing with me.
"Hey Everest." She said, the smile disappearing. "Sometimes I look at Andrew and all I see is his dad looking back at me. But it doesn't hurt anymore. I just don't feel anything anymore. I feel nothing towards him anymore and it scares me." She whispered.
"I know. That's what happened when I met Mattie. When I was on the way to his house I fell asleep and I dreamt of the asshole who rejected me. But when I woke up I felt nothing. I didn't feel empty anymore. And then I met Mattie." I smiled softly. "Now. Let's get some sleep. Cadence is coming over tomorrow so we can find out exactly where he's going to live and work out the fine details."
She smiled after I said that and nodded, leaving the room.
"Matthew. You can come in now." I said, knowing that he was by the door.
He walked in and looked at me.
"So that's how you felt about me." He smiled. I opened my mouth but quickly shut it as my face turned red. He chuckled and I laid down, shaking my head at him. He crawled into bed next to me and pulled me to him, kissing my cheek.
"My dad will be here at like 2 in the morning." He said to me. I nodded and smiled.
"Hopefully tomorrow is peaceful. Just the family." I whispered.
"I love you Angel." He said.
"I love you too Mattie." I whispered right before I fell asleep.