.9 i cant believe i did that, and survived

"The outsiders. One of the most iconic books. who here has read it before?" He asked. I raised my hand at a ninety° angel. I remember reading it in 8th grade and thinking it was pretty good. It was pretty heart braking though with the tragic deaths but the fictional deaths in those books were nothing like the real thing. I looked around and saw only two other people with their hands up. Crap he's gonna ask me about it. Just as I predicted he pointed to me.

"You. I don't recognize you. What's your name?" He asked. I froze.

"Addilyn Blake." I told him quietly. He nodded his head.

"Well Addilyn Blake, we're happy to have you here. You said you read the outsiders how'd you like it?" He asked. Ugh I hate sharing my opinion in class I prefer to sit, listen, take notes and pass the test. But now I actually have to say something. Normally there will be that one brainy kid who will talk the who time.

"I did read it in the 8th grade. Honestly it was a great book written by a high school student about clicks and social statuses but it was a bit too... Sad for my taste." I answered. I figured this was enough of an in depth comment that he wouldn't ask anymore questions but of course sense this is my life this wasn't the end of the topic.

"Too sad how?" He asked pressing the subject.

"The thing is, I don't really understand why Johnny had to die. The story could have continued with out him being dead and his death played no role in the message the book is trying to get across. Also if Jonny hadn't died dally wouldn't have died." I explained. I can't believe he could hear me. I felt he was so far away and I was talking like a mouse. He pondered my answer for a little while. It was obvious he was trying to figure out another question to ask me but then he smiled.

"Well addilyn you've got me there. I look forward to speaking with you in my class later on. So here's your assignment. Take a copy of the outsiders and read it. Answer the following questions in your own words. 1. Do we have social class in the school? If so do you think they are good or bad? Do you think Johnnys death was essential? Thank you everybody have a good day." With that the bell rang and all the student filed out of the class room. As we left the teacher nodded to us.

When we left the class I leaned up against the wall and took deep breaths. I can't believe I did that and survived. I had never been one to talk in class and every time I did I would have some sort of panic attack but i did it. Jake and lily came out of the class room and stopped at the wall with me.

"Mr. Wesley really seems to like you." Jake commented. Lily nodded in agreement. I gave them a questioning look.

"Who?" I asked. Lily rolled her eyes and Jake just smiled.

"The boy meets world teacher guy." Jake clarified. I smiled in satisfaction and got up from the wall. I really needed a win today and I think that was just what I needed. Of course I wanted people to like me in this new town preferably my peers but a teacher was cool too. Just knowing people liked me brought my mood up. Noticing my peek in mood lily wrapped her arm on my shoulders and laughed. I smiled and looked a Jake who was smiling too. Then we sauntered to our next classes.

My last class I had with Lissa. Just us and I was excited about that. History seem easy. The teacher was pretty easy going. I had no homework from her and she let me eat in class so I guess that's a win. Other than that the day was pretty uneventful. Lissa took me home in her convertible which was covered in snow sense it had been coming down hard sense lunch. I think jakes prediction was right and if we were lucky they would close the schools.

We rushed inside the house laughing at something Lissa said Using our books to cover our head. when we walked in the door the smell of cookies slapped us in the face. Me and Lissa grinned and turned towards each other. We bolted into the kitchen and just as we suspected Nancy was standing there grabbing a fresh tray of cookies out of the oven

"Hey girls I was taking the cookies you can have so-"

"Some Once there cool. We know the drill mom." Lissa finished her mothers sentence. Nancy rolled her eyes and shook her head. Our smiles dropped into frowns.

"I was going to say you can have some once company's over." She clarified. Me and Lissa turned to each other. We were hoping to steel some cookies and hide in one of our rooms for the rest of the night staying up late sense both Lissa and Jake assured me school would not be on tomorrow.

"Company?" I grumbled. It's not an unknow fact that people experiencing grief don't like have company so this thought to me ruined the whole good vibe I had going on. After what happened in the cafeteria I wanted to go home and talk to Lissa about it sense she was one of four people in this town that new about my parents passing. I sure wasn't going to talk to Nancy about what Tiffany said. She would go mental and slap the cheep spray tan off of her which now that I think about it isn't such a terrible idea sense red heads should not get spray tans. If anything Nancy would be doing her a favour. Tiffanys fake tan was almost as orange as her hair. And forget about talking to mrs walker, she seemed like a gossip.

"Yes, Jake, Jolene and Ruby will be staying over." Nancy told us. When did this happen? Whose ruby? Wait ruby must be his little sister. Lissa tugged on my arm.

"Well then me and Addi are gonna go pester Jake to hurry up." She told Nancy. I looked at her.

"Why do I have to come?" I whined. Lissa rolled her eyes and looked at me like it was obvious. When I didn't get it she once again rolled her eyes.

"The faster we pester Jake to get his lazy butt over here the sooner we get cookies and the more of us to pester him the faster he's gonna come over." Lissa explain. That made sense. I quickly nodded my head and we both races up stairs to go talk to Jake through my window.