17. Egg-cellent

Tiffany stared to bug me again after the week end. Just a few sly comments that made me paranoid. Things like "I hope you had breakfast." Everyone told me it was nothing to worry about but still I couldn't shake the feeling. I had to ignore that because today was about having fun. Halloween.

I grabbed a pair of black jeans and a brown tee shirt that was tucked into my jeans. The brown shirt was decorated with black spots. Around my neck I had a blue choker which normally wasnt my style but I mean go big or go home. On my head was a pair of dog ears, I even had a little black nose which I drew with Lissa's eyeliner. I thought I looked cute. Everyone else seemed to as well.

"God, Addi you look adorable." Lily complemented. I smiled at her but before I could reply Marcus butt in. "What about me?" Marcus asked pouting. Lily rolled hey eyes. "Get your girlfriend to complement you baby bro because I sure as hell am not going to." I laughed at Lily's joke. I suddenly felt someone next to me. I looked up to see Jake dressed as Fred. I laughed at his costume. He looked exactly like Fred. "Good job Jake. You make a good Fred." He laughed with me. "And you make a most amazing scooby." He told me.

As we approached the maze everyone was getting more and more excited. Even I was getting a little less scared and more excited. We dropped our dollars in the black bucket that a ghost was holding. "You look egg-cellent." He said. Egg-cellent? That's not even a Halloween pun. I ignored it and followed everyone in the maze. They were right, it was incredibly dark and I felt like I was going to trip on something. From speaker up above I herd a deep voice say "welcome to the river bank high haunted house. Prepare to meet your doom." Well this should be fun.

About an hour later we were horribly lost. I predicted this of course, it was a maze after all. Lily and Marcus were arguing about weather to go left or right. Lily said it was right sense we were currently in the cafeteria and the right door would lead us to the library and the library leads to the main hallway which has a door. Marcus' argument was that he was left handed so his way had to be the right one. Finally they played Rock Paper Scissors and Marcus won which meant we were going left. Surprisingly Marcus did have the right way and lily would never hear the end of it. We heard shuffling behind us and everyone turned around.

"Addi." I herd a voice say. It was too dark to see who ever it was so I replied. "Uh yeah?" I asked. It was wired, anyone who would ever talk to me was all here and I didn't recognize this voice. Now, imagine my surprise when the voice shouted "NOW!" And eggs came flying towards me. I gasped as the first one shattered on my shoulder. Then a few dozen more came flying at me. One of them must have been hard boiled because when it came into contact with my stomach I crunched down in pain. "Oww." I groaned clutching where the egg hit. I herd a few collected swears then more shuffling. All my friends came by my side and I herd a jumble of  "Addi are you okay?" "What happened?" "Who threw the eggs?" After a while I stood up and assured everyone I was fine.

They walked me out the emergency door and Jake took me to his car. He told the others to stay and finish the maze when he took me home to shower and change. During the car ride I was having a minor panic attack. I felt bad for ruining everyone's day with my stupid drama. "I'm sorry Jake this wasn't supposed to happen. None of this. My parents weren't supposed to die and I wasn't -" thats when what I said hit me. Shoot shoot shoot. Jake pulled over and looked at me.

"Your parents what?" He asked. "I uh i mean- nope no way I'm coming back from that. Ya my parents are dead." I told him glumly. It was times like these where my ache worsened and I wanted to get rid of the seeming permanent feeling even more than I ever had. He gave me that sympathetic look I didn't want anyone to give me. "Why did you tell me? Don't you trust me?" He asked sounding slightly hurt. "No Jake of course I do. I just didn't want you to look at me like that." I explained. "Like what?" He asked. I sighed. "The sympathetic look people give you when they know something's wrong but they can't fix it. Pity." I told him. He wiped the look off his face and replaced it with a different look. A reassuring one. He squished me into a hug and told me he was sorry. The rest of the ride was silent and slightly stressful for me. I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen now that Jake knew. Would things be different?

When we got home I raced up to the house and ran into the washroom to strip down and shower. I'm sure Jake was close behind but the egg was starting to dry and smell and I wanted to get it off as soon as possible.

In the mirror I looked at the huge bruise forming on my stomach. I touched it and immediately regretted it as soon as I felt the pain. I washed all the egg off my body quickly. getting it out from my long hair was a challenge but I managed to get it all out. The whole shower I was think about Jake. He knows. Now the only person left to tell was Marcus and then Tiffany would have nothing to hold over my head because all the people I cared about knowing would know.

I wrapped my self in a towel and went to my room to get a new pair of clothes. Lucky for me I had two pairs of black jeans but I only had that one brown shirt. When I walked in Jake was sitting patiently on my mattress. I smiled at him sheepishly and quickly grabbed the new clothes. I tried to pick the most Halloweeny clothes I had but it was just black pants and my old orange tee shirt. I was pretty bummed about my costume but I'm sure this would do. I headed back to the washroom put out the clothes on and re brush my hair. Jake frowned when he saw me.

"What?" I asked. He got up and took a good look at me. "Your not dressed as scooby." He noticed. I shook my head. "That was the only pair of dog ears and the only brown shirt I had." I told him frowning. He looked at my sympathetically. "What can I do to make this up to you?" He asked. I when I didn't answer I looked at him and he seemed to be in deep thought. "It's not you who needs to make it up to me." I told him simply. Then suddenly his mood picked up as if someone turned on a switch.

"Come on Addi Bear I know what we're going to do." I said grabbing my wrist and taking me to his car.