.11 i was lucky i was covered in pancake batter

"Raise and shine lady's. It a snow day." Jake said happily. Lissa and I groaned and pulled our blankets over our heads. I could hear jake snicker before leaving the room with the door open. I rolled off the mattress which was still on the ground, right on Lissa. She groaned loudly and pushed me on to the floor next to her. She obviously wasn't getting up anytime soon so I decided to head down stairs by myself. I didn't bother to check my hair or dress in real clothes. The stairs creaked under my feet as I walked down to the living room.

"Good morning sunshine." Jake chirped sticking his head out from the kitchen. I frowned. Oh no he's a morning person. Jake stood there in an apron which said 'kiss the cook' holding a bowl full of what looked like pancake batter. I walked over to the kitchen to see what He was working on. There was a huge bowl of blue berries beside the bowl of batter I saw Jake mixing on the counter. Jake was by the sink washing his hands so I figured this was my chance. I dipped my finger in batter and stuck it in my mouth. Pfft I could do better. It was still pretty good though. And I was starving. My mom was a horrible cook so my dad and I would always cook and jakes pancakes resembled my dads. I turned and realized Jake was eyeing me.

"What?" I asked. He chuckled ignoring my question. What was so funny? He walked over to me and stood right in front of me. I was uncomfortable with how close he was. He reached around me and grabbed the batter from behind me then walked across the kitchen to the stove. I took the bowl of blue berries and threw one at his head. I chuckled at his reaction, a huge annoyed look on his face. He took some of the pancake batter and flicked it at my face sending a huge good of it soaring to my check.

"Hey! Jake your wasting food!" I pouted. He shrugged and walked over to me and licked the batter off my face. I cringed and Jake grinned at me.

"Ew Jake that's gross." I shouted. He just looked at me and shrugged.

"You said I was wasting it." He argued.

"But I didn't tell you to lick it off my face!" I told him. He laughed, grabbed the bowl of pancake batter and stared throwing it at me. I laughed loudly and attempted to cover my face. We were both laughing, even after we slipped and fell in the on the floor.

Now, I was lucky to be covered in pancake batter for two reasons. The first being so Jake could see the blush that crept up on my face after he helped me up from the floor still lingering with laughter then laced his fingers with mine. The second being I didn't have to clean the mess in the kitchen, Jake did. Sense I was covered in the pancake batter that Jake threw at me and Jake only had it on his fingers when Jolene came down she scolded Jake for throwing it at me then made him clean the kitchen while I cleaned off the batter that was everywhere. My bra was filled with the batter and was very gooey to say the least.

I stepped out of the shower and dried my self off before throwing on the pair of jeans and tee shirt I had grabbed before heading to the washroom to shower. When I went into my room I figured Lissa and Nancy would be awake. Jake and I were fairly loud between my screaming and our laughter but Nancy hadn't come down at all indicating she was still asleep and I was surprised to see Lissa in the same position as when i left. Like mother like daughter. I had crept to the closet and grabbed the first pair of clothes I could find before quietly closing the door behind me, making sure not to wake Lissa. Given that fact I'm sure you could imagine how terrifying it was to see Lissa sitting on my mattress staring at the door smiling giddily when I returned. I let out a small shriek before sighing and closing the door.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." I said sarcastically before brushing out my damp hair. Lissa got up and rushed over to me and started doing that weird thing girls do when they get excited. You know, when they grab your hands, jump up and down and squeal at frequencies only dogs should be able to hear. Yeah that. I'd never done that in my whole life and I wasn't going to start now. I just looked at her confused. Once the squealing subsided Lissa hugged me. I hugged her back even though I had no idea what was happening.

"Hey liss?" I asked her arms still wrapped around me. "Yeah?" She replied. I stepped back and looked at her. "What's got your chirpiness on over drive?" I asked. She gave me a flat look then frowned. "Isn't it obvious?" She asked. i though for a second. It was morning and Lissa hadn't had her coffee to fuel her energy so I couldn't imagine what got her so jazzed. I shook my head not knowing what it could possibly be. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to my bed and we sat down.

"You and Jake. God, you guys are just too cute." She gushed. I could only roll my eyes at the subject of Jake and I.  We've only known each other for four days now. There's no way he could like me and there's no way I could like him. Right? But that didn't stop Lissa for gushing over us. But then She got a little serious.

"I haven't herd you laugh the way you did with him in a month." That's when realization hit me. She was right. Even before my parents I was never a laugh-loudly-early-in-the-morning type of person. Sure I would half heartedly laugh at people jokes so they wouldn't feel bad but I didn't laugh like that. I smiled to my self.

"Yeah."