Chapter 24 B.O.V

Today Max and I tried to find Kayla to apologize. I told Max everything and he's realised that Kayla wasn't lying about it. But we couldn't find her anywhere library, classes or basketball court. It's like she has disappeared into someone's shadow. Every class i don't see her face i see the back of her chocolate brown ponytail, and her heads always down. On the bus this afternoon i was talking about her and couldn't help but stare at her. She caught me a couple of times and i saw her beautiful sad face. I walk up the stairs and enter the house walking straight upstairs Kayla following. I hear her phone ringing and her pick it up. "Hello aunty kate" Silence. 

"THE JOBS IN LA?!" She screams. A job? What job? She walks out her room and i freeze. 

"Were you eavesdropping?!"

"What job?" I challenge her.
"Shhhh" she pulls my hand into her room. "Look my aunty got me a job to help a  record label as i have good vocals and i understand music. They're willing to pay up to forty dollars an hour and i can move out since you don't want me here"  We're still holding hands and i hold her other one and sit her down. "Look Kayla I love you and your happy self i hate seeing you pull yourself back to hell because Max knows everything and we have tried to tell you but we can never seem to find you. Kayla you've been so happy and i don't want to change you i don't want you to change anything I NEED you to stay with me. I can't deal with Pop in hospital alone. You're always there for me and i'm always going to be there for you" I look down feeling tears run up my throat and slowly run down my cheek. She wipes my tear "I'm not leaving you" And we kiss.