Chapter 25

mornings come and i cant believe what happened last night. SHE kissed MEEEEE. I get out of bed putting my pants on and running down stairs. I can smell pancakes making me run even faster. "Mum where's my shirt?" I say running into the laundry. 

"I'm not sure honey maybe ask Kayla the girl you just called mum" I peek my head out the laundry door seeing Kayla. She laughs going red seeing my six pack. "Don't be shy buttercup" I say flexing my arm. " I thought i was your sad flower, a daisy or a rose i suggest" She says smirking. I grab my shirt from the ironing board and put it on walking into the kitchen. I grab a pancake spreading some nutella on it. "Mmmm buttercup these pancakes are so good"

"I am Buttercup the one and only"she says putting whip cream on my nose. I grab some nutella and wipe some on her nose. We almost both have our faces covered in pancake toppings when mum comes in. "Ahem you're going to miss your bus" she says waving her hands around. "I'd kiss you bye but um no thanks" She laughs. 
"Bye" i say with my mouth full of pancake. I get outside and take what's left on Kayla's face off with a tissue. I smile while holding her cheek. "Kayla" i say wrapping my arms around her waist. I can tell she's getting serious and she knows it. Its when our bus comes i have to come to a stop.

 Kayla gets on bus before me and hugs Max so tight i think he just might die. She sits next to him and laughs when she realises i'm giving her a playful death stare. I sit next to Liam instead. 

"So what was happening out there?" He says wriggling his eyeborows and elbowing me. 

"Nothing it's just cold" I shrug.

"Ben it's summer" he says with an eyebrow raised. 

"Ok fine Kayla and i were having a moment and a moment i didn't want to be interrupted" i roll my eyes. 

"WERE YOU GONNA ASK-" I punch him mid sentence. 

"Shut up" I hiss.

"Jesus calm down" he says hunching over his stomach. "Just ask her out for prom it is in a couple days you know"

"Yeah remember bad boys don't go to prom liam we never have we never will" 

"Ugh isn't that cause we had no one to go with?"

"Not the point" I say opening snapchat. "Not going"

"Yes. You .ARE" He says taking my phone. 

"Give it back or i'll hit you again" i say smirking. 

"Hit me again and maybe your phone will accidently go for a fly OUT THE WINDOW" He laughs.

"Alright alright prom it is" i say rolling my eyes. 

"No Ben you say you'll do shit and half of it you don't even know what it is. So i have a proposal-" 

"BRO WE AREN'T EVEN DATING YET" My eyes widen.

"Nooo" he laughs. "Make a bet if you ask her out AND take her to prom i'll get you a discount on that Lambo you wanted from dads work" He thinks i cant do shit well i'm going to show him who's getting that Lambo and which hot couple is going to be in it. 

"Tell your dad i'd like the black one" i say holding my hand out. It. Is. On. 

*******************

Walking into school i keep hearing Prom crap which i think is stupid since we only just started year 12 and we still have our HSC exams next week so i don't know why anyone is happy. They're acting as if Donald Trump died. Ahahaahh that was funny to me but i don't know if the whole school would agree so let's just ask when prom is. 

"Hey Maree when's prom?" 

"Okay 1 you never go to prom and 2 it's on friday night the day of our last exam, as you know our last exam is History and finishes at 10am" 

"Oh thanks" i say smiling. On my way to my locker Maree stops me. 

"Who are you taking?" She says blushing. I just shrug. "Well ben will you be my prom king?"

"I'm sorry Maree you're nice and all but i have someone on mind" I say walking away. 

"But..what the hell"  She says with confusion.

I see Max at his locker and i nod. "Shit maybe i shouldn't have made a bet with the bad boy" he laughs.