Chapter 39

"CAN'T YOU SEE THEY'RE USING YOU" Ben yells. "JUST FOR A REPUTATION FOR ATTENTION COSTUMERS MONEY AS SOON AS THEY'VE GOT THAT BOOM YOU'RE GONE"

"Why are trying to ruin my fun? You know i love singing? And i don't like tyler. I told him when you left your my boyfriend and was always there for me and always will be i love you" He rolls his eyes. "What?!!" I ask growing angry.

"HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE CHEATING?" He yells.

"HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SINGLE?!" I yell louder.

"I LOVE YOU KAYLA"
"YOU HAVE A FUNNY WAY OF SHOWING IT"
"I'LL SHOW YOU"
"NO DON'T SHOW ME SHOW YOUR GIRLFRIEND OH WAIT YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ANYMORE DO YOU?" I say walking out slamming the door. I walk out and run to a park down the road.. I sit on the swing and cry I don't even try to hide it. The boy I've always had a crush on may never love me again. And I know he was just looking out for me but he didn't have to say they were using me because I don't believe Margaret would do that. I swing up and down and listen to the birds calm down into their nests with their mummy bird. The suns going down and it starts to get cold but I swing on this swing and just think. When I was a toddler I was happy and healthy. When I was in kinder up to year 3 I didn't care. When I got to year 4 and 5 I started to care what people thought. Year 6 the bullying started mum died year 7 dads started to get violent and drunk more often. Year 8 I finally went to a doctor and figured out I had anxiety and minor depression. Year 9 and 10 I was dealing with bullying anxiety depression grades dad and boxing. Boxing is the best thing to get your anger out and it's something my father and I used to do all the time. My brother always would fight against me and I get him on the floor straight away. I smile of the thought of my brother.

"Mummy look at that girl on the swings" I hear from behind me. Before her mum can say anything she's in front of me.

"What's wrong?" She asks orange strand of hair dangling in front of her eyes.
"Just a boy" I smile.

"Boys are stupid" she says sitting on the other swing.
"What did he do?" I wonder what to say next.

"Okay imagine this" I say turning to her. "Your boyfriend" She pretends to puke at the word boyfriend. "He wants you to smile and never be sad- "

"So he wants to protect you" She states.

"Yes but he gets overprotective and starts to make decisions for you and you fight. And then you get so angry and out of you mind you breakup with him"
"And then you know it was wrong decision"
"Exactly"

"Well go back there and apologise that's like finding a limited-edition teddy bear and not buying it because you want a 'better' one, that's being selfish and not realising that any homeless would want it."
"So him being protective is a good thing and not everyone's partner cares about them as much as mine" I smile and get up from my swing. "Thank you?"
"Alexia I live down there" She points to a house two houses away from mine.

"Good alexia I'm sure your mum wants you back so I'll see you around" She hugs me tightly.

"What's your name?"
"Kayla"

"Ok mummy Kayla is very nice we should play one day" I laugh.

"Of course see you next time" I start to walk home. Ok Kayla don't sweat it just do your thing. Take a deep breath and open the door. I turn the door handle and walk in the house. No one's home so I walk upstairs into my room. When I walk in there's a bunch of buttercups on my bed. I sit on my bed and hold them and feel a tear run down my cheek.

"Don't cry" Someone says pulling an arm around me. "We knew this was going to be hard but we love another and that's the main thing"

"Ben my feeling got the better of me I've never had anyone stress over me mum dad and Dylan they've been gone for so long and you loving me has made me felt like they were still alive" I smile at him.
"I'm sorry I was overprotective I love you more than anything you remind me of mum" He smiles.