Chapter 40 Alexia is hiding something

I awaken in bed and recall where i am and hope last night was just a horrible dream. I stare deep into Ben's face. He opens his eyes realising i am too awake.

"Last night?" I say more asking.

"Yes but we're going to be okay" He says pulling me into his chest. "But its saturday so lets go and try and have some fun"

"Do we have to?"

"But you love going out"
"It's a good idea and i love you for trying to help but i'm just not in the mood to do anything"
"Well you're not staying here and rotting like a bad piece of fruit"
"Why fruit?" I ask ignoring the fact he won't let me stay home.

"Because you're sweet, now come on get ready we're going out" Without a single word or input he's out of my room and downstairs him whistling. I don't want to eat or do anything about Kathy or a funeral and i'm going to break down. Funerals just remind me of Mums and Dylans. They were such beautiful people always willing to lend you a hand in anything. Mum couldn't spell for crap either so it made it ten times funnier. And dylan was always so much smarter than me so i tried to get him to do my math assignments. And then dad he was happy and lively and then well shit got real and mum and dylan are gone. I don't want Ben to be as sad as i am because he doesn't deserve it he was always nice to me and welcomed me like his mother and i feel bad for him that this is what he gets in return. I just want it all to end. All these bad charms and spells just to let it go and let us live. Maybe god is just testing us for the future but why problem after problem tear after tear.

"Kaylaaaaa" Ben yells from the kitchen.

"Fine" I sigh. I go to my closet and put my selena gomez extra large jumper on and my thongs. I walk downstairs.

"Where are we going?" I ask sitting on the lounge.

"Nowhere far" He smiles lifting my up onto his back.

"Are You okay ben?" Brayden ask.
"Yeah i'm fine" he fake smiles. I can tell thats a fake smile. I always could and i always will. Once we get out of the house and walking on the road i whisper.

"Are you okay bub?" I smile.

"Mmm"

"Wrong"
"kayla you're not Donald Trump"
"Neither are you so stop lying" I say hoping off his back.

"Kayla-"

"Ben look at me in the eyes and tell me that you're fine" I say arms crossed. He goes quiet and takes my hand continuing to walk.

"Okay so i'm still a bit shook about mums news i woke up at 3 am from a bad dream that you were in an accident and i was" He swallows. "Cryingallnight" He speeds.

"Ben this is why i want you to talk to me please don't hide things from me have i ever hid my feelings from you?" He raises an eyebrow. "Okay i have but that was ages ago for now on tell me everything okay?"

"OKAY?" I repeat.

"okay fine" He says a smile cracking on his laps. "Shotgun swing" He yells making me realise where we are. I sit on ben's lap on the swing next to a red hair girl.

"Kayla?"

"Alexia" I jump off ben's lap and hug alexia.

"This the boy?" She says looking him up and down.

"Ahaha yes" I smile.

"I can hit im i do karte" She says throwing a soft punch.

"It's okay i'm right" I laugh. "Anyways Ben this is Alexia we met after our fight"

"Yeah" she pokes her tongue out. We swing on the swings and play with Alexia when i realise she's all alone.

"Alexia where's your mum?"

"Oh she's i don't know i forgot" She rubs her head. "Ohh she's at the hopsital" She struggles to say hospital.

"What why?" Ben jumps up making me fall off his lap.

"oh dont worry she goes to the hopistal every 3 days to get her medicine"
Alexia says playing with some bark.

"Why does she need medicine?" Ben says sitting next to her on the bark under a tree.

"Ca- cancer" I stay quiet and observe their conversation.

"My mum has it too. And now she's a beautiful angel but it's okay because now she's happy and not going through pain. That's all you have to think when you're sad she's happy so i should be too" He says weakly smiling.

"I have to go home" She smiles at her watch.

"Please come over whenever your mum is out" I hug her.

"Love you both" she says skipping off.

"She's adorable she reminds me of eight year old kayla"

"You make me laugh"

"So you ,meet when we were fighting ?"

"Yeah"I say holding his hand.

"But i love you"

"And i love you too" I say kissing him. "Last one home is the rotten egg" I try and run but he picks me up from my legs and lift me up on his shoulders.

"Ben" i sigh. "You are literally no fun" I hear him chuckle and get comfortable for the ride home.