Chapter 37

"How was your day buttercup?" Ben asks as i walk into the house.

"It was amazing i saw SIA FREAKIN SIA OH MY GOD AND TYLER TOLD HER THAT I COULD SING AND SHE MADE ME SING SO I DID AND SHE SAID I WAS AN AMAZING SINGER WITH A REPUTATION" 

"Wow slow down" He laughs. "But who's this Tyler kid?"

"Oh well he's just a co worker but BEST PART IS ARE YOU READY?"

"Yeah but i still want to know who this Tyler kid is"

"who the fuck's tyler?" Liam says walking into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water.

"We'll beat him" Max says sitting up from the couch. 

"HE'S JUST A COWORKER, you don't care that i could be producing my single"

"Love is pain?" Elena asks.

"Yeah"

"When did you write that?" Ben asks.

"Grade 8 it helped me through my anxiety"

"Yeah but what about him?" Elena says. "The song about the Ben?"

"You wrote a song about me?" I feel heat rise on my cheeks and everyone staring at me.

"Yes" I mumble. "I started writing it in year 10 when i meet you again and then i realised it was you and thought i didn't like you because we were best friends and then i fell for you" I rush.

"That's why elena would always say bye and wave your hand to me" He laughs.

"Pretty much"

"Anyways" I say. "Sia said next time she comes she could help me fix it up and produce it because she always wanted a sister that this company has never had a young women like me there"

"I'm so proud of you" Elena says holding my hand. "No anxiety whilst meeting new people?"

"BEST PART" I yell. "I DIDN'T FREAK OUT" I can feel the massive smile on my lips. I've come so far and i'm very proud of myself.

"Kayla who is the tyler kid?" Liam says looking stern. 

"Yeah he  better not be some drug dealer" Ben says pretending to sniff drugs.

"He's not... that i know of but he's really nice he said he'll book the studio for me"

"No dont like him"

"AT ALL" Max finishes the sentence for Liam.

"Why?" I ask sitting on the couch.

"Boys do shit and take time out of their days for girls they like so he likes you and your bens flower so tell him to BACK OFFFFFFF" Max explains. I look at ben who looks off guard.

"Ben you don't think i like him? Do you?"

"Of course you don't like him i'm just questioning if he'll make a move"

"And if he does you'll think i'll be interested" I ask a bit hurt.
"Of course not Buttercup i just want him to back off from my girl"

"Then we'll beat his ass"

"Yeah" Brayden asks coming from downstairs. "I'm kidding i have no clue what youre talking about" He laughs. He realises it's not the time and turns around drinking water.
"Shut up" Elena hisses to him. 

"I don't know why it's a big deal i don't like him and even if he likes me ill just use him for the studio" I laugh. "Actually that sounds really selfish"

"Who cares?" Elena says. "Life's a bitch so you're gonna be a bitch too. That made non sense but still" I laugh at her stupidness and change the topic holdings ben's hand.