French Production of Phantom

Before I even start this chapter I need to express how amazing the 30th Anniversary celebration at Her Majesty's in London. It was phenomenal! If you haven't seen I HIGHLY suggest you go watch it! It's a bit long but it's totally worth it!!!!! Just so you know in the beginning Andrew and Cameron talk for a bit so if you only want to watch the performances skip over to when Andrew sits at the piano. If you love Phantom at all you will love it! I've included what I believe is the full video above from YouTube so it's not my video.

Okay that being said I really just want to phangirl over the French Production! I am completely obsessed with everything French! The language, the culture, the buildings, just everything! I think the language specifically is gorgeous! As long as I've known about Phantom I've wanted it in French. I searched forever and all I could find was the movie version translated which was not good therefore when I heard that they were FINALLY opening a show in Paris I was beyond thrilled just because I wanted a French cast recording of the show.

Also Phantom simply belongs in French. The original story is French and the entire musical takes place in Paris! Also if you watch the video above and you get to the song The Phantom of the Opera, the first line the Phantom sings is in French (sing once again with me) and it just sounds so powerful! Even more so than the English lyrics! The other songs in French sound amazing too! Like beyond amazing. Beyond phenomenal! I love it so so much!

Then there's the cast. Firstly I love Bastien Jacquemart! (His name is amazing) He is so adorable and he's going to make a great Raoul! His voice is gorgeous! And he's just so adorable! Look him up if you haven't heard him yet!

And Sierra as Christine is really exciting to me. I know a lot of people disagree because she does get a lot of opportunities and I see that point. Even I was a bit hesitant at first because I wanted a new French Christine, but after listening to Sierra and watching her sing these songs in French I can't help but to change my mind. Whether you like her or not you have to admit she's a fantastic singer and actress. Her voice is so gorgeous and strong. Even comparing her to Celinde in the video (Celinde is very good too) I still just thought her voice stood out more and I liked it a lot better. That's just my opinion but that's why I love Sierra and I'm thrilled that she's playing Christine in my favorite language! I understand her criticism though! That's just my opinion!

And then there's Gardar Thor Cortes. I adore him. He's amazing! He's probably at least my 2nd favorite Phantom now. His voice is so outstanding. And typically I like higher voiced Phantoms (i.e Ramin Karimloo and Hugh Panaro) but Gardar's voice is just so gorgeous. And he's a great actor too! For reference, he played the Phantom in Love Never Dies in Hamburg and he's amazing! His 'Till I Hear You Sing' is great! In the video above his portion of the songs are my favorite. I even like him better than John Owen Jones and he's one of my favorites too. Also I love actual opera and Gardar has an amazing operatic album. It's gorgeous! Also he's adorable! He's so smiley and happy! I love him! He seems so sweet and he's so talented and I just love him. I hope a cast recording comes out of this so I can just listen to Gardar all day!

Sadly, the opening for the show was supposed to be on October, 13 but has been pushed back due to a fire at the Theatre Mogador. I hope that the production will still happen. If not I will literally cry! In the video above Andrew said that the production could not happen because of the fire but I read that it would be postponed and sometimes Andrew doesn't really conclude his thoughts so I'm hoping the French Production of Le Fantome de L'Opera will open soon! I couldn't be more excited!!!

~~~~~~~

Okay guys! Thank you so much for reading! This book almost had 600 reads! I can't believe that! Thank you all so much for reading my opinions and commenting and everything! It means so much to me!!!!!! Thank you! Also please remember these are just my opinions and are not meant to be offensive in anyway!

Comment what you think of the French production and your opinions of the 30th Anniversary celebration!!! I'd love to hear!