30 Day Musical Theatre Challenge

So this is just something that I found that I kind of felt like doing. These little challenges are fun and make me think so I decided to give it a try on here. However, I won't be doing this every individual day I'm just going to write them all out here right now!

I challenge you all to do this as well if you're interested!

So here we go!

~~~~~~~

Day 1: A number from one of your favorite musicals of all time - Okay so Phantom is obviously my favorite musical of all time so for this one I'm going to say Music of the Night as it's my favorite number. I promise I'll pick other musicals other than Phantom too!

Day 2: A number from one of your favorite musicals of the past three years -  So I don't know if this means something I've listened to for the first time within the last three years or something that opened but How 'Bout a Dance from Bonnie and Clyde definitely has been one of my favorites within the past three years! If it's from a musical that opened within the past three years then Hard to be the Bard from Something Rotten.

Day 3: A number from one of your least favorite musicals - Naughty from Matilda. It's really quite annoying

Day 4: A number from a musical that you remember seeing - So the first musical I saw live was Les Mis so I'll choose 'Look Down' for this one because hearing that overture in a theatre was the coolest experience!

Day 5: A number from a musical you've seen most recently - The musical I've seen live most recently is technically Wicked. So I'll choose For Good because that was my favorite part.

Day 6: A favorite opening number - Opening numbers are my favorite! I love Arabian Nights from Aladdin as an opening number because it's fun and glamorous and it breaks the fourth wall which is very cool!

Day 7: A favorite duet - 'I've Never Been in Love Before' from Guys and Dolls is a real favorite of mine. It's so pretty!

Day 8: A favorite dance break - No doubt about it, 'Seize the Day' from Newsies. The dancing in that is just phenomenal!

Day 9: A favorite ballad - The Ballad of Booth from Assassins. I'm not sure if that really counts but I don't care I love it.

Day 10: A favorite "11 o'clock" number - For those who aren't aware (like I wasn't) an 11 o'clock number is basically a big show stopper in the second act of a musical. So for this one I have to choose Memory from Cats. It's the showstoppers of all showstoppers!

Day 11: A favorite comic number - Probably Notes/Prima Donna from Phantom. I'm not sure if it's considered a comic number but I think it adds a lot of comic relief and I adore it.

Day 12: A favorite ensemble number - Is One Day More considered an ensemble number? Because if it is then definitely One Day More.

Day 13: A number from a guilty - pleasure musical - I don't really think I have a guilty pleasure musical except maybe Love Never Dies. So I guess I'll choose Dear Old Friend.

Day 14: A number from the nominees of Best a Best Musical Tony Award from the year you were born - Sadly, I don't recognize any of the musicals that were nominated in my year....

Day 15: A favorite female solo number - Wishing you were Somehow here Again is honestly probably my favorite but there are so many more

Day 16: A favorite male solo number - I have so many.... currently I'm going to say Santa Fe from Newsies.

Day 17: A number from a musical that is underrated - Definitely anything from 1776. But I'll choose The Lees of Old Virginia.

Day 18: A number from a musical that is overrated - The Schuyler Sisters from Hamilton. (please don't kill me for that one) I like Hamilton and that song but I find both are a bit overrated.

Day 19: A favorite love song from a musical - A Heart Full of Love from Les Mis. It's so sweet.

Day 20: A favorite number from a musical that did not originate in the US - Die Fäden in der Hand from the German musical Rudolf. It's truly a lot of fun you guys should listen to it!

Day 21: a number from the "golden age" of Broadway - I Could Have Danced All Night from My Fair Lady.

Day 22: A favorite number performed by an antagonist - Epiphany from Sweeney Tood. I'm not sure if he is the antagonist or not since he's the main character but he's not a good person so.

Day 23: A number from a show you've never seen live but wish you had - so almost any? Okay well the show I want to see most is Phantom but we'll ignore that for now. I'll go with I've Decided to Marry You from A Gentleman's Guide because I really wanted to see that.

Day 24: A number performed by favorite female Broadway star - okay my favorite female Broadway star I suppose is Sierra Boggess (though there are so many others) and I guess I'll pick Part of Your World from the Little Mermaid since that was her Broadway debut and her big song of the show.

Day 25: A number performed by favorite male Broadway star - That would be Ramin Karimloo and currently I love his Why God Why from Miss Saigon

Day 26: A number from favorite composer - Literally anything that Andrew Lloyd Webber has ever touched. This is so hard because I pretty much love anything in his name. I love With One Look from Sunset Boulevard so I guess we'll go with that one.

Day 27: A number by favorite choreographer - That would be Gillian Lynn (not Andy Blankenbuehler) and I love Victoria's solo dance in Cats.

Day 28: A number I'd love to perform if I were the opposite sex - Again this is so hard! I'd love to play Dracula honestly. That would be so fun so I'd say Fresh Blood from Dracula.

Day 29: A number you have performed - So I'm only a performed in the sense of marching and concert band.... but our halftime show this year is Broadway and we are performing "One Day More" "Defying Gravity" and "The Phantom of the Opera" so that's really exciting.

Day 30: A number you'd love to perform in the future - Again, I'm not a performer but in my dreams I'd love to perform The Final Lair in Phantom. It seems so surreal to be a part of and I'd love that experience.

~~~~~~~
Well there you have it! Again I really encourage you all to comment what you think as well because I'd love to hear your opinions!

Also these are just my opinions and aren't meant to be offensive in anyway!