French Production of Phantom Pt.2

This is going to be a really short chapter but I need to rant about this!

So as you guys probably know Phantom was going to open in Paris earlier this year. As you may also know, I was insanely excited about it.

But sadly the theatre that it was supposed to be performed in, Le Theatre Mogador, had a fire and needed to be rebuilt. So for months I was expecting it to reopen at some point after the fire and for Phantom to return there. Why did I think this? Because that's what everyone had me to believe. Initially that's what they said!

So today my mom showed me a FaceBook post from Sierra with an article saying that Phantom in Paris will not be reopening with Le Theatre Mogador, but instead they will be performing Grease...... Now Grease is a great show and all but it isn't Paris material.

Phantom takes place in freaking Paris!!!!!! I cannot believe that it isn't happening anymore!!!!

All the audio that I've heard so far was so gorgeous!!!!! And I especially wanted to hear more of Gardar Thor Cortes as the Phantom.

I'm so disappointed. Not that I'd even be able to see it but I was hoping for a cast recording. And even if there wasn't a cast recording just the fact that it existed would have made me so happy.

And yes I understand that the world doesn't revolve around what makes me happy but I'm just so not content with this. I was so excited!!!!

Listen to the media above and listen to Gardar's part in the very beginning! It's gorgeous! It's so cool! I love other languages and there's just something so special about French to me. Especially in Phantom since have I mentioned, the story literally takes place in France!!!!!!

Where does Grease take place? 1950s America! And yes I know the setting of a musical shouldn't dictate where it is performed but if you had the choice between Grease and Phantom I would think Phantom the better option for this venue. But whatever. Again the world doesn't revolve around my wishes.

My hope is that another theatre will be willing to have it play and that there is still a chance of it opening again. And if that doesn't happen then I'd love to see Gardar Thor Cortes and Bastien Jacquemart on Broadway as the Phantom and Raoul!

Update:

Guys!!!! Look at this picture that Sierra posted from the rehearsals for this production! It's gorgeous and it looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! Seriously I can't believe this isn't happening

Guys!!!! Look at this picture that Sierra posted from the rehearsals for this production! It's gorgeous and it looks AMAZING!!!!!!!! Seriously I can't believe this isn't happening. I'm sorry for whining but this is so disappointing to me.
~~~~~~~

Again sorry for the short chapter it's just that I am so sad about the closing. So to make myself feel better I guess I'll just listen to Les Mis in French!

Also this is just my opinion and I have no disrespect to Le Theatre Mogador or anything! I wish the outcome was different but what am I to do about it? I mean, these things do happen.