// A Soft Sound To The Way She Wears Her Hair Down //

Matty’s POV

Days passed and I began to feel myself missing Maddy. The taste of her pink nicotine tounge, the way my hands slid down her back and rested softly on her naked hips. The way she looks when she wakes up in the morning. The peppermint smell of her body. I miss her. I’ve never really had feelings for a woman like this before and honestly, it scares me. I want to see her. I need to. I need to kiss her and hold her thin frame in my arms. But I can’t call her, I don’t have her number. I have to wait for her to call me.

Maddy’s POV

I miss him. I miss Matty. He probably just wants another quick fuck, not to actually learn to love me. I guess I should call him soon. I need to see him so badly. I picked up the phone and called him. He answered after the third ring of the phone.

“’Ello?”

“Hey Matty, it’s Maddy. Uh, do you wanna go grab a coffee today?” I asked.

“For sure, love. Robinsons in half an hour?” he suggested.

“Robinsons in half an hour” I smiled, even those he couldn’t see it.

“Alright, see ya then Maddy”

“See ya” I said, then hung up. I went and had a quick shower, then got dressed. I put on my plain white tank top and flowing black skirt with my black tights and black ankle boots, then my army green jacket and my sequined collar. I tied my hair up in two buns and did my makeup, then put in my black contact lenses and grabbed my bag. I walked to the bus stop near my place and went to Robinsons. I checked the time and it was 2:15-right on time. I went it and got a table. Two minutes later I saw Matty round the corner. He grinned and waved at me through the window. He came in and walked over. I stood up and hugged him. A girl walked up to him and asked for a photo, I guess he gets it all the time. I took the photo for her and she gave him a hug and thanked him, then walked off. Matty was wearing a white Arctic Monkeys shirt, black jeans and, yet again, that famous leather jacket. He had also just reshaved the sides on his head. He looked perfect.

“So, how have you been?” asked Matty when we got our coffee.

“I’ve been good, what about you?” I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

“Good. I’ve missed you though. I’ve never missed a girl as much as I’ve missed you” he said, half smiling. I felt myself blush and hid behind my mug. “By the way, you look absolutely gorgeous today”

“Thank you Matty, you look quite handsome” I giggled.

“I’m gonna cut to the chase here” Matty said, taking my hand in his, rubbing his thumb lightly across the top of my hand. “I want to see you. I want to see you every day while me and the band are still in Manchester, because I know that if I don’t I’ll regret it and just miss you even more once we’re back touring. Please, come with me tonight on a real date at a proper restaurant?” he said. I was taken aback slightly. Matty wants to see me?

“It would be my pleasure” I responded, smiling. We finished our coffee and I gave Matty my number so he could call me later. We walked outside and as we were about to part ways, he pulled me in and kissed me. His hands rested on my hips, mine wrapped around his neck. His tongue was soft and we both tasted of nicotine, but it was perfect.

“I’ll see you later, gorgeous” he winked at me as we pulled apart, then walked off in the opposite direction than me. I walked to the bus stop, smiling like a madman. I was so incredibly happy at this moment.

A/N I'm really sorry that my chapters are so short, I'm gonna try working on expanding them and making them longer. Just wanted to say that all of the chapter titles are always songs titles or lyrics from The 1975. This one is lyrics from Settle Down. Also, the photo on the side is what Maddy looks like c: