// So far, it's alright //

I awoke the next morning still cradled in Matt’s arms. I felt his warm breath on my skin and heard his soft snores. I unravelled myself from him and went and made us both some coffee and toast. I still wonder what we are. Are we in a relationship? Friends with benefits? Honestly, I’m not even sure. I don’t even think I’m ready for a proper relationship. I heard shuffling from the bedroom as I poured some coffee and turned to see Matty standing in the doorway, rubbing his tired eyes. He had only his jeans on and his hair was all ruffled up.

“I made breakfast” I smiled at him. I was wearing just a plain white shirt and my black lacy underwear from the night before. He smiled back at me and walked over and sat down on one of the chairs at the bench. I put his food in front of him and he took a giant bite. “We should go out today” I said to him, taking a small bite of my own toast.

“We should. Where do you want to go?”

“What about we go to the park?”

“Yeah, sounds good” he mumbled, his mouth full of food.

After we got showered and dressed, we went to the park in the cold and sat on one of the benches and talked for a good 2 hours. About ourselves, life; the fact that it's just a crazy, fucked up world and that we're all just barely floating along, waiting for somebody that can walk on water. The fact that the world was confused, and not the world really. Just the people in it. We just talked. Then it went silent.

“Hey, Matty?”

“Hmm?” he mumbled, looking up.

“What are we?” I asked, looking straight ahead at the trees surrounding us as we sat.

“What do you mean?” he asked back, looking at me with his head tilted to the side slightly.

“What are we? What are we doing with ourselves? I mean, is this like a relationship?”

“I honestly never thought about it. Do you want this to be a relationship?” he asked.

“I don’t think I’m ready for an actual proper relationship right now. So what do we do?”

“Ok, this might seem like a longshot” he said, rubbing his hands together to keep them just the slightest bit warm. “What about friends with benefits? I mean, we obviously like sleeping together. And you’re not ready for a relationship right now. So, what do you think?”

“So we just sleep together? No dates, just sex. No strings attached?” I questioned.

“Yep. So, friends with benefits?” he asked, putting his hand out for me to shake.

“Friends with benefits” I said and shook his hand.

A/N sorry for the incredibly short chapter. It's just a filer c: