Prince Imagine: Sunshine

"You know, I would have never thought I'd be in this exact spot, sitting on the same old worn out tree log, with you." I finally sputtered out, watching the slow stream flow by.

"You wanna know something? I knew we would. One day or another." He turned to my face, as I turned too, kissing me softly on the lips. 

This was the spot when me and Prince shared our first kiss, first break up, first everything here. 

"My mom had faith in us." He laughed, as I slightly smiled, remembering Mrs. Teresa. 

I looked down at my red Converse, covered now in drips from the running stream and leaves from the newly grown tree, hoarding above our heads. I was still in shock that we were still together. 10 years to be exact.

"And my mom had faith in us too. Now my dad, that's a whole different story..." I laughed, while he looked at me with the smile I could never get over. I elevated my elbow on his left leg, soon laying down on his lap. We both looked up at the dawn sky. It never gets dark here in California. 

After a good 5 minutes of silence & peace, Prince whispered, "You think people will show up tomorrow?" His warm fingers traced over the print on my shirt, rubbing his other arm on my almost bare legs.

"Of course they will. And I'm sure both our moms would show up, if they were, you know..." I lifted up, sitting on his lap, facing towards his face. He turned his head the other way. Sensitive topic, maybe it was too soon.

He grabbed my  shoulders, as tears ran down the faces of both of ours. The crash was just so recent, the driver killing both our mothers on instant. It still hurts, knowing what would take place just tomorrow. 

Prince stood up, my legs and arms still around him, as he whispered.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when clouds are grey."

I finished the small song, "You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

I jumped down from his arms, wiping his dried tears as he wiped mine. "C'mon baby, we're getting married tomorrow." I pointed to everything, set up right near the infamous log and tree. The altar, the chairs, the flowers, everything was just beautiful.

"I'll race ya'," He said, sprinting off towards the house. 

"PRINCE." I said laughing, while running and chasing right after him. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

This has literally been in my drafts for the longest. More of a filler for today if any of you care. I missed y'all so much! Kisses. 

Kik: hellokendal_ (get to know me :))) 

Instagram: kend0llas 

thanks for reading. <333