Prince Imagine: 6

"Monroe," I peeked into my little bundle of sunshine's room, seeing she had just awoken. "What's today, Monroe." She smiled her almost toothless smile. "It's my birthday, mommy!" "Yes it is, baby!" I sat on the side of her bed, kissing her on the cheek. "My little baby is 6. You are growing on mommy." I put on my frowny face, as she rose from her bed, placing a kiss on my cheek. 

"Mommy, I love youuu." I smiled, picking her up and placing her on my lap. "Mommy loves you more." Prince peeked in the room, shouting, "IT'S SOMEBODY'S BIRTHDAY!" He picked her up, throwing her into the air, which was absolutely her favoritest thing to do. Giggles erupted from Monroe, as Prince continued throwing her in the air. 

"Mommy says that Monroe should come downstairs for a surprise." "Surprise?" She ran out of her dad's grip, flying down the stairs. "She's just like you, Prince." He grabbed my arm, turning me around, placing a wet kiss on my lips. "Morning breath." I commented, laughing, as I joined Monroe downstairs. 

"Thank you Mommy and Daddy!" She yelled, at her birthday surprise. The toy Jeep she wanted for the longest. "Hop in!" She opened the mini door, and began putting her foot on the gas. "Daddy, get in with me!" "Daddy can't fit in there..." 

"Daddy," She whined, as Prince put his foot in, pretending to sit in the small Jeep. "Whee!" Monroe and Prince were driven across the living room, as I smiled. "Well, Mommy's gonna get ready for this party happening a little later."

"Mommy, is Auntie Kierra coming?" I nodded, and she jumped out of the Jeep excitedly. "Yes, Aunt Kierra is coming, and so is Aunt Amaya." Monroe loved both her aunts dearly, but when it came to being spoiled rotten, Aunt Kierra was the best. "Mommy, is Tychrisa coming? Are my friends coming?"

"Yes, sweety. Tychrisa's coming, Ambria's coming, everyone's coming baby." I walked into the kitchen, beginning to prepare the food. "Prince, you can start grilling the burgers and hot dogs. Clean the pool too." "Yes, dear." I laughed, chopping up an onion.

"Mommy, can I help?" I nodded, grabbing the butter from the microwave. "Go get the cupcake mix, we're gonna make some birthday cupcakes!" "YAY!" Monroe ran into the kitchen, (she's a mini-track star lol), and grabbed the Funfetti mix. "Okay, open the box. You know how to open it?" I set the chopped onions aside for the burgers and hotdogs, to assist my daughter.

"Yay, you got it! Okay, go get one egg. It's in the refridgerator." She opened the fridge, grabbing her step-stool, grabbing the carton of eggs. "Don't drop them, Monroe." She carefully stepped down, closing the fridge behind her, handing me the eggs. "Okay, let's get the cake ready. Dump this," I cut the top of the mix, handing her the bag, "Into the bowl right here."

"Babe," The back door opened, revealing Prince in his 'Best Cook' grilling apron, and fork in one hand. "How long before the guests are here? Should I clean the pool first or finish the food?" "They'll be here in an hour, so finish the burgers and hotdogs, and then clean the pool out." I stood over Monroe, as she cracked the two eggs into the bowl. "Good job, baby."

*DING DONG* "Who's here this early?" I wiped my dirty onion scented hands off, approaching the door. The stained-glass made it diffucult to see who was outside, but from anywhere, I could spot the two piece shirt and skirt, with the platformed heels. "It's Grandma Malia!" I opened the door, hugging my mother. "Hey baby, where's my birthday girl?"

"IN HERE GRANMA!" My mom sat her purse down on the table in the foyer, running as fast as she could into the kitchen. "GRANNY!" Monroe jumped into her beloved Grandmother's arms, keeping her dirty hands away from my mom's new 'church' set. "How's my baby?" "I'm good, granny. It's my birthday!" 

"I know baby, granny got you something," She began reaching inside her purse, as I quickly snatched her arm away from it. "Granny will show you what you got when we open presents at your party." Mom looked viciously at me, as I smiled, telling Monroe what to do next. "Okay, Monroe, go tell daddy granny's here." "Okay, mommy." Already knowing how to use a knob, she reached up on her tippy-toes, opening the back door, and running to her dad.