03 | finally

this is totally inspired by jameshair Jiley_Obsessed & unstoppablejiley like it's basically just a merge of double date and copy cat by them and i'm so sorry if it seems copied but i just really love the ideas & the books in general:)
//

james pov

"you need to do me a favour," is the first thing i hear as i pick my phone up. it's noah.

"what's up man?," i ask with a chuckle while choosing something to wear for my date with riley in a few hours. we wanted to go into a restaurant

"okay, so you know i like richelle? well i asked her out-"

"what, really? congrats man, i didn't think you'd actually do it. now you need help about where to take her and stuff, right?," i ask with a grin. noah was always like a little brother to me, even though he was the way more awkward version. like really awkward.

"no. i mean yes- i mean," he begins to stutter. "i didn't expect her to say yes so when she did i was so surprised that i didn't know what to do and i know she's impressed by a-troupe and more mature and that you and riley have a date tonight so i-"

"no," i say immediately. "i'm not going on a double date with you and richelle. this is mine and rileys night, just cancel her or tell her that you'll go to without us because riley got sick or something."

there's no way in hell i'm going on a double date with those two, as much as i want noah to finally get his girl. they're still underaged and mine and rileys dates aren't exactly what you would call suitable for them. and i'm way too selfish to share her with someone on our night out, i barley see her anyways and i know her attention won't be with me 100% when other people are around.

"please james, i can't cancel her she will never give me a chance to ask her out again. it's richelle we're talking about. plus if i'd go on a date alone with her i wouldn't know what to say and it would be so awkward!," he rambles. "well then maybe you shouldn't date," i groan while sitting down on my bed.

"i just want a relationship like you and riley," he says, now a lot quiter. "and i know i like richelle more than i like my other female friends and i just want her to like me back."

i sigh. "you owe me something," i give up and i can hear him letting out a sigh of relief.

"thank you so so much james!," he exclaims. "what kind of restaurant are you going to? should i wear a suit or am i overdressed then? and-"

"whoa, calm down dude. i'm gonna text you the adress and the time, the rest is your own problem. i need to get ready for my own date." i might be a little harsh but he's gonna ruin the entier night for us, no matter how much i like him. i just want to spend time with my girlfriend without any complications, since we already have enough of them at the studio.

"wait, but how am i gonna get there i can't driv-" "ask your mom," i interrupt him quickly and then end the call.

i let out a deep sigh. "how am i gonna explain that to riley," i mumble to myself and then dial her number.

rileys pov

i take a last look at the mirror and then smile satisfied. i spent hours getting ready but i'm pretty happy with the result and i know james will be too. well, and maybe noah and richelle. i admit i am kind of disappointed we have to spend our night with them but i feel sorry for noah since i know he had a crush on her forever and keeps asking james for advice with her which is kind of cute, so i'm happy he finally asked her out and she said yes. but was it really necessary to say it's a double date with us? when james called me and told me everything i only agreed because the fact that noah wants to be like us made me soften. and because i had no other choice since james, who was even more disappointed, already agreed.