11 | grocery store

"i'm so tired," james mumbels and rests his head on the window of the car. he's currently on the drivers seat so i give him a warning look.

"i swear to god if you fall asleep while driving i'll never talk to you again."

"you won't be able to talk to me cause you will be dead," he answers with a shrug and i roll my eyes.

"wow, thank you for your support, james."

he chuckles. it's in the middle of the night and we're trying to find a grocery store that's still opened because of our little sunshine. she may be a wonderful daughter but she's getting her teeth at the moment and keeps us up all night. the band is looking over her at the moment while we drive through the whole city just to buy something cold for her to bite on and some other baby stuff like diapers when we're at it already.

we're on tour right now, james as the drummer of lost and found and me his fiancée and mother of his child but i also help out a little behind the scenes. i also still own the next step but since our daughter was born emily offered to help out which i thankfully accepted. and when the band got the offer to go on tour since they just had their huge breakthrough, james really wanted to accept it and tried to convince me to join for a while. we both thought about it a lot but at the end we decided that it's a once in a lifetime experience so we both accepted. it is really hard having a baby on tour but it's worth is. and in the mean time emily runs the studio and prepares the team for regionals.

so right now we're driving trough some part of america at three am while our daughter is crying in a tour bus and james' band mates are trying to calm her down.

"how about i'll drive to the next shop that's opened at 3 am and you drive us back okay?", i offer and already take off my seat belt. i don't want him to crash the car and he really deserves a break.

"thanks babe," james yawns and pecks a kiss on my cheek before he drives the car to a little parking lot.

we change places and i drive in silence. the radio playes some love song and i turn it a bit up. i quietly mumble to the song and try not to get too tired too. then i finally see a store that has a big sign saying '24/7 opened'.

"thanks god," i whisper and park the car in front of the store.

"james," i whisper and shake him a bit to wake him up. "i found a shop, get up."

he opens his eyes slowly and takes off his seat belt. "finally."

we get out of the car and enter the little supermarket which is pretty empty but there still are a handful people.

"james?," i say to get his attention. i just found the diapers but they're to high to reach for me.

"yes, babe?" he turns around and then sees my struggle.

"i'm too short," i explain while frowning which makes him laugh. he tries to reach the box as well but doesn't success either.

"wait, i have an idea," he mumbles and goes on his knees. "get on my shoulders!"

"what? never. I'm way too heavy and too old for this. and this is embarrassing, why don't we just ask the woman behind the counter?"

"oh, honey just shut up and get on my shoulders. we're not even in toronto, we'll never see these people again."

i sigh and get on his shoulders, still not satisfied with his idea. i squeak when he gets up and tries to find balance.

"james!," i giggle when starts teasing me about letting me fall down. i quickly grab the box of diapers and james let's me down slowly.

"have i ever told you about my fear of highs?", i mumble, happy about finally being on the ground again

"not as often as i told you that i love you," he says while giving me a kiss.

"smooth," i grin. "but do you really wanna make out in a grocery store?"

he chuckles and shakes his head. "i would love to cause we don't have any privacy in the tour bus, but i don't think the people here would enjoy that. and the boys will kill us if we don't come back fast."

i giggle at the thought of them three trying to calm a 10 months old baby down and agree. we pay for the stuff we bought and a few minutes later we're back in the car.

once i sit down in the passenger seat i realise how tired i actually am and the last thing i see is that james starts driving, then everything gets dark and i fall asleep.

when i wake up and realise that I'm not in the car anymore when i see james holds me in bridal style and brings me in my bed i quickly close my eyes again because i don't want him to put me down. i feel that he puts me in his bed and then lays down next to me.

"i know you're still awake babe," his raspy voice whispers in my ear, making me shiver. "but goodnight beautiful."

//
this is short but i hope you enjoyed it:)