05 | missed you|trittany

"trevor?" he heard a female, very familiar and soft voice say behind him. he didn't even have to turn around to know who it is but he did anyways just to make sure he wasn't imagining it only. but he was right. it was her.

her, brittany raymond. also known as riley from the canadian tv show called the next step. or as trevor's on screen girlfriend since he played james, rileys boyfriend, in the same tv show. or as the famous actress staring in that new popular hollywood movie. or as the girl trevor hasn't seen in years since their characters got their happy end in season 4 and their time in the show was over.

during the time on set brittany and trevor have been really close, they were best friends just like everybody else of the cast. but both of them had a little crush on each other, nothing too big but they did feel differently towards them than they felt towards their other friends of that gender. neither of them ever really told the other person simply because it was just a little crush. they both knew they wouldn't date anyways so they kept making little jokes about it here and there but always kept it on the downlow which worked pretty good for both of them. until filming was over.

suddenly the little crush trevor had, developed into a huge one and he missed her like crazy. he missed feeling her lips against his, even if it was just acting. he missed her hugs and her beautiful smile. her loud and soft laugh. her bubbly personality and her clumsiness. he missed how caring she is and how she always made him laugh. how she was always there for everyone. how she never seemed to be down and always thought positive. he just missed her and every single thing about her.

of course he could have just called her but what could he do? tell her he suddenly likes her more than he used to but he doesn't know if it's love or if he's just confused because he misses being around her so much? most of all after they said that they see each other like brother and sister tons of times? no. he couldn't do that.

so he kept quite and suffered a little every time he saw her on tv or in the news because those feelings never left him, even after those three years of not seeing her. it happened a lot that he felt that little pain in his heart that was caused by seeing her face or reading her name somewhere because brittany raymond made it. after the next step she got a role in a huge movie which turned out to be even better than everyone expected so she went to tons of interviews, got tons of new jobs and just became a huge celebrity.

it didn't surprise trevor or anyone else of her friends because there is no way that you can not love this unbelievably talented woman and everyone was just incredibly proud, which she really appreciated because she stayed grounded all the time.

trevor meanwhile focused more on dancing and even though he had a few small roles in movies and shows and even a main role in a short movie, he kept running his dance company raw motion dance and stayed pretty unknown compared to brittany.

that's why he was so surprised to see her. it was just a little party one of his friend, who's also a small music producer, threw to celebrate his newest hit and he didn't really expect anyone he knew there. especially not the girl he has had a crush on for months and never had the balls to talk to again.

"britt?," he asked with a smirk and the surprised look on her face turned into a smiling one. she didn't expect him neither and it was a nice surprise to see him there, most of all since she really missed him and only knew one other person at the party who already left her alone.

"oh my god i can't believe to finally see you again!," she said happily and walked towards him to wrap her skinny arms around him. he returned the hug and felt incredibly embarrassed that that hug made him feel like thosands of butterflies were in his stomache. he didn't want to feel like a teenager guy who just feel in love for the first time but he couldn't help it. brittany was his soft spot. even after three years.

"what have you been up to?," the blonde girl asked curiously as they both walked to a couch which stood next to the pool of the house. it was already pretty dark but the lights that were all over the garden made everything a lot brighter. "i haven't heard from you since forever!"

he chuckled. "the usual. a few tv shows and movies, lots of dancing. nothing really changed after the next step, just my roles." she nodded understanding. she knew she would be in the same place now if she wouldn't have gotten this one movie part which was the start of her career. "i can't say the same about you, though, miss hollywood," he continued teasingly and the girl giggled as she let herself fall onto the couch next to him.

"i had luck," she said with a shrug. "i was at the right place in the right time, that's all."

"no, babe," trevor said jokingly and the nick name gave both of them goosebumps. "you also have a hella lot of talent, trust me. and an amazing personality."

she smiled and thanked him, really meaning it. she just realised how much she actually missed having him around her and she couldn't help but wish the next step would've never stopped. she wouldn't be a famous celebrity then, but she would still have contact to all of her old best friends, especially trevor. after a while the contact just broke, slowly but surely.

"are you still close to any of the old cast members?," she asked quitely out of her thoughts. the dark haired guy nodded.

"yeah, me and lamar still live together. but that's almost it, i still have the phone number of a few others and i think lamar still keeps contact to isaac but it's not even close to how it used to be."

it was quite for a little while and both of them were caught in memories. they were both 100% sure that that was one of the best and most important chapters of their lives and they hate how fast it ended. but everyone had to move on, even though they would always be connected by heart.

"then i hope we don't lose contact again." britt broke the silence, half jokingly and half serious. he meant so much to her, even after three years of not seeing him and she didn't want to let such an important and amazing person just walk out of her life for the second time.

he took her left hand and pulled her closer to his chest so that she could feel his heartbeat on the back of her head and he could wrap his arms around her from behind. then he pressed a soft kiss on the top of her hair.

"me either."

and with that, suddenly all the feelings were back. brittany did have a little crush on trevor back then when they were filming and even after she still thought about him a lot. but she decided to just forget about it since everyone was moving on and she hadn't heard from him for a while. so when she got that offer for a movie role she saw it as the perfect distraction and then so many things happened so quickly that she never really thought about it again. during those years she had one boyfriend, but the lack of chemistry lead to them breaking up after a few months. but chemistry was the last thing that was missing between her and trevor. and in that moment when he gave her a tiny kiss on the top of her head her heart exploded and all those feelings she put into a box and hid came back.

"i wonder what james and riley would be doing right now," trevor said after a while of comfortable silence which caused brittany to laugh.

"either fighting or making out. but most probably making out," she replied and smiled in the memory of those two characters. trev chuckled which made his chest vibrate and brittany feel even more comfortable.

"i really, really missed you trevor," she said, kind of out of the blue for him and turned around so she faced him. she looked down sadly which broke trevors heart a little so he tilted  her head up by pressing her chin up gently with two of his fingers, so that she looked into his eyes.

"i missed you too britt. but don't worry; i won't let you go again."

he sent her a soft smile which she returned and they hugged one more time. it felt so warm, comfortable and familiar for both of them. just like home.

//
this honestly gave me feels lmao