20 | secret

"hey, riley, can you help me clean the house?," daniel asked his younger sister, but it was more of a demand. riley just rolled her eyes, not wanting to do so until she heard him add "the boys are coming over."

she looked up curiously. "the boys? as in the a-troupe boys?"

daniel gave her a confused look while picking up an empty plastic bottle from the counter to throw it away. "yeah, hunter, west, james, eldon, you know."

she smirked before jumping off her seat enthusiastically. "sure!"

her brother was a little confused by her sudden excitement but he was just glad she would help him. after like an hour they were done, which was really fast regarding the fact that their parents weren't home the whole weekend and their house looked exactly like you would imagine a house in which three teenagers were alone.

right when riley was looking into the mirror of the hallway to check if her outfit looks okay the door bell rang and daniel jogged into the room. "thanks again, riles," he said to her and gave her a quick kiss on her forehead which she answered to with a smile.

then he opened the door and riley still leaned against the wall so that she could take a look at the boys entering but daniel wouldn't notice her. the first person who entered was west, but right behind him was the guy riley was waiting for. james.

he looked incredible like always in her opinion and his smile already made her heart skip a beat. when he greeted daniel his eyes immediately met riley's, making him smile even more. he sent her a quick wink and she replied with a grin before she quietly left the room before the others would notice her and get suspicious.

when she went upstairs, entered her room and she renewed her make up a look on her phone made her bite her lip excitedly. she opened the door of her room and looked around carefully until someone's touch on her shoulder made her flinch.

"hey," james' raspy voice said into her ear and she got goosebumps. not wasting a single second she pulled him inside her room and closed the door quickly.

"wow, feisty, aren't you?," he chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

"shut up and kiss me already," she said before doing so by herself and pressing her lips against hispassionately. his hands grabbed her butt and pushed her up making her jump up and wrap her legs around his waist. her hands started grabbing his hair and pulling it.

when he stumbled on her bed and she pushed him on it he stopped her. "we don't have that long, babe," he mumbled after he ended the kiss and she groaned as she pulled out of his grab and sat down next to him with a sigh.

"why don't you just tell him about us," she said frustrated and buried her head into her hands, but they both knew it wasn't possible.

"c'mon ri, you know exactly he would kill me."

and it was true. when riley saw james for the first time at the studio she already thought he was really cute. but soon enough daniel and him became close friends which had its perks because james would hang out at their house a lot and she would see him a lot more often but it also had its obvious disadvantages. riley knew her brother in general was really protective over her and didn't allow her to date anyone until she was like 18, but her dating one of his friends was even worse for him. when james once made a joke about riley being hot he already made sure where the line is and if james already crossed it with a joke he doesn't even want to think about how he'd react if he found out about all the stuff they did behind his back. because soon enough they both started to feel more and more attracted to the other person which lead to secret make outs in the costume closet, him 'accidentally' arriving an hour earlier to daniel's place so he could spend time with riley, the boys staying over in daniel's house and james disappearing in riley's room once everyone was asleep and james 'going to the toilet' all the time when he was at their place which always ended up in him being in riley's room. like that day.

"he wouldn't kill you, though," he added and tried to sound casually which made riley lift her head from her hands and give him an annoyed look.

"what is that supposed to mean?"

he lifted his hands innocently. "i'm just saying! you're his sister, if you tell him he might not react as bad."

she blew a stray of her hair out of her face and told him that he knows exactly that's a lie and he sadly had to agree.

they could never get out of their relationship being a secret. at least not at that moment. they wouldn't be able to see each other at all then, james' and daniel's friendship would be over and he would be even more protective over riley. there was a small chance he wouldn't react as bad as they thought but they couldn't risk it. it was nothing or everything.

"hey, frowning doesn't suit your beautiful face," james said sweetly and she replied with a weak smile. a quick look at the clock in her room made him sigh. "i need to go back downstairs now, but we'll figure something out, alright?"

she nodded. "i love you."

"i love you too, riley," he said with a smile on his face before giving her one last goodbye kiss and walking out of the room, opening the door slowly and quietly.