I

Will's PoV:

*BEEP 

BEEP 

BEEP 

BEEP*

I sleepily lift my hand to the alarm clock and click the snooze button. 7:45. Crap. I'm late. Again.

I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. I don't need to brush my teeth... I think.

I go to my closet, grab the first shirt I find, and first jeans I find. I quickly put them on.

I scramble down the stairs, almost tripping in the process.

I scan the kitchen, settling on a granola bar that has been on the shelf for who knows how long.

I grab my backpack and my phone, stick it in my pocket, and run out the door.

When I make it outside, the bus is already leaving the stop.

I look at my neighbors yard, and see a bike. He never uses that bike anyway. I grab the bike, jump on and start pedaling.

While I'm riding, I open the granola bar and start eating it.

I carefully grab my phone from my pocket, and look at the time. 7:54.

Super crap. I won't be at school for at least another five minutes. I'll be cutting it close.

I make it to school, and hide the bike in some bushes.

Just as I'm entering the school, the bell rings.

Quickly, I run to my classroom. I enter and get a few snickers.

"Look who decided to show up," I hear Drew whispering to her friends. "Isn't it mister bad boy." They laugh.

I feel anger swelling up inside my chest, and swallow it down. Don't let them get to you. I think. They're just a bunch of brats.

"Well well Mr. Solace. I see you made it. Not on time, I see," says Mrs. Elgort. I check the clock and it says, 8:04.

"Come on Mrs. Elgort. It was just a few minutes," I say.

"A few minutes Mr. Solace, alas yesterday was a few minutes too. And the day before that, and all the others," she says sharply. "And we're only in our third week of school!" She adds.

"I don't know Mrs. Elgort, I think you should give him detention," Drew says.

I give her my best death stare.

"Sit down Mr. Solace, let's start class!"

I go to my seat, and feel someone staring. I turn around in my seat and I see him.

Raven hair.
Chocolate colored eyes.
Pale skin.

"Mr. Solace! Eyes up here," Mrs. Elgort says.

I keep my attention on the boy, and he stares at me, with sad, broken eyes. I blush lightly.

"Mr. Solace!"

I finally turn around, feeling dizzy. With a warm feeling in my chest, I can still feel him staring.