XI

Nico's PoV:

"Hi, Nico." Will says. "It's the.. eighteenth." He laughs awkwardly. "Tomorrow's my birthday. Yay. . . Look, Nico, what'd I-" 

He's interrupted when the door opens. It closes, and there's footsteps. 

"Hi, Will," Says Hazel. 

"Hey." I wonder what Will was going to say. 

"How've you been?" She asks him. 

"Fine, thank you. And you?" 

She laughs lightly. "All right."

Then I hear the door open. It closes. 

"Guys!" Will shouts. 

"Will!" A familiar voice imitates him. Wait, Leo? 

"Ha, ha. Very funny, Leo." I hear a lot of footsteps. 

Frank clears his throat. "Who's this?" Everyone falls silent. 

"Oh, this is Nico's half-sister, Hazel." Will replies. "Hazel, this is Frank, Leo, Jason, Piper, Annabeth, Percy, Calypso, and Reyna." I hear them say hi.

 Hazel laughs shyly. "Hi everyone. You guys are a big group of friends, huh?" 

Reyna laughs. "You bet."

There's silence, but footsteps.

"Can he hear us?" Piper asks.

"The doctors think so, but don't know for sure," Will replies. 

"Okay. . How about we do this thing where we all take turns talking to him?" Everyone agrees. 

"Okay. Go!"

"Wake up," Says Leo.

"We miss you," Says Calypso.

"When you wake up, tell. Him. You know what I mean," Jason says.

"Don't listen to Jason honey, just wake up," Piper says. 

"School is boring without youuuu." Percy says. 

"Seaweed brain, don't be so dramatic. I'd never that I'd say this, but I agree with Leo, wake up." I hear Leo say a quiet yes!

"Lunch isn't the same without you and Will blushing at each other."

"Reyna!" Will hisses. 

"Come on, everyone knows it." She replies. 

Frank laughs. "Wake up so we can find a new hangout. And we can all kill you with hugs." They laugh.

What's probably hours later, they leave.

Will's PoV:

Nico still hasn't woken up. It's been three days, and he hasn't woken up.
I'm worried. What if he never wakes up? What if, what if, what if. I'm going to kill myself with all these questions. Tomorrow's my birthday. I'll be eighteen tomorrow, and Nico is in a coma. Just great.

I sigh, it's going to be hard to get some sleep. My thoughts keep drifting back to Nico. And the fact that tomorrow's my birthday.

I finally fall asleep, with Nico lingering in my mind.

-

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Will! Happy birthday to you!" They sing. 

I laugh. "Thanks guys."

"Ah ah ah, look what I brought." Leo wiggles his eyebrows. Calypso smiles.